Wärtsilä is leading the maritime industry’s transformation towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. We at Wärtsilä Marine Power are proud to offer our customers the world’s widest network of maritime expertise and the full portfolio from engines to lifecycle solutions.
We want to change the course towards an interconnected and cleaner maritime future and are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services - together.
Are you ready to jump onboard?
PRODUCT SALES MANAGER (30274)
For our global 2-stroke & Other OEM Service Sales Support & Development team organization we are looking for a Product Sales Manager 2-stroke & Other OEM Service in Greece and Cyprus, who leads the frontline Sales activities for Marine, Energy and Industrial markets in the R2 Region – Mediterranean & Atlantic of Wärtsilä Greece and Cyprus.
This key position is accountable to achieve the 2-stroke & Other OEM business results for Greece and Cyprus in very close collaboration with local Sales Managers & Sales Proposal resources.
What is the function of a Product Sale Manager within our business?
As a Product Sales Manager, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Promote available solutions within the Area and Regional Sales organization and directly to customers
- Identify and evaluate opportunities, and develop and win them in close collaboration with customers and the relevant internal stakeholders
- Occasionally act as Capture Team Leader and ensure collaboration in capture teams and involvement of relevant stakeholders at right time
- Ensure compliance with key steps in opportunity management and sales process, and promote active usage of CRM
- Closely collaborate with the global 2-stroke & Other OEM Service Sales Support & Development team for growth focus areas
- Maintain Area overview of key opportunities, follow up sales pipeline with regional stakeholders and provide regular pipeline status reports
- Train and coach 2-stroke & Other OEM Service sales team and sales champions in regions on the available and new solutions for all 2-stroke & Other OEM Service categories
- Analyse Area and regional markets and customer needs and provide feedback to the global 2-stroke & Other OEM Service Sales Support & Development team
- Co-develop new and/or customized solutions together with customers and the global 2-stroke & Other OEM Service functions
- Develop good understanding of customers' business drivers and what solutions add true value to their business
- Closely collaborate with Marine Business, Energy Business and Win GD Sales newbuild sales stakeholders, also promote their respective new products, and identify 2-stroke & Other OEM Service opportunities in newbuild sales projects
- Join newbuilding sales meetings with Marine Business, Energy Business and/or Win GD Sales and support them to win newbuild projects with the support of our lifecycle solutions offering
- Ensure collaboration with other Business Lines of RMS and/or PSS, in order to capture extended services opportunities
Why you and us
We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility of our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have courage to see opportunities and take initiative.
We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive work community where everyone can be their true self. We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for.
Are you eager to be part of this ambition?
Contact & next steps
Does this sound like the job for you?
If yes, we hope to hear from you before the application deadline, by submitting your application through our career’s portal link below (use the Apply Now >> button). We aim to keep you updated on the process all the way.
Expectations are to hold first stage video interviews via Microsoft Teams with potential for a final interview face to face in Greece in May.
Are you still wondering if you should apply and would like to get something clarified?
Please reach out to:
Area Sales GM, Europe & Africa
Note this approach should be used only for clarification questions from direct job applicants, applications through email will not be recorded or responded to the link on this page should be used.
Last application date: 29/04/2022
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä Marine Power leads the industry in its journey towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. Our broad portfolio of engines, propulsion systems, hybrid technology, and integrated powertrain systems delivers the efficiency, reliability, safety, and environmental performance needed to support our customers to be successful. Our offering includes performance-based agreements, lifecycle solutions, and an unrivalled global network of maritime expertise. www.wartsila.com/marine
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. We emphasise innovation in sustainable technology and services to help our customers continuously improve their environmental and economic performance. Our dedicated and passionate team of 17,000 professionals in more than 200 locations in 68 countries shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. In 2021, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.8 billion. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com.