Edelweiss Gastro Ltd is a dynamic ship management company that works with the most modern vessels in the deluxe river cruise industry in Europe.
Their mission is to deliver the highest standards to our guests at all times. They offer equal work opportunities in a stable, continuously growing company striving to be the leader in the river cruise industry. You are invited to become a part of their team of dedicated professionals who share the company’s values and ideas.
They offer a fun learning and working environment where you can develop your skills, and personal goals whilst building a career.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in the shipping sector then this is an exciting breakthrough for you! The company is looking for a passionate individual that will join their team. The duties and responsibilities of the Junior Crewing Assistant will be the following for which the company will prepare you, with a structured training plan:
- Request and process documentation and prepare reports relating to crew activities such as performance evaluations, planning, visa and uniforms.
- Preparing and processing contracts, warnings, resignations, mutual agreements and terminations.
- Arrange the traveling for the Crew
- Compile and update crew records in the relevant software system and in the platforms required
- Preparing and sending out flight confirmations, embarkation letters and all required travel documents to agents and vessels
- Preparing and sending out U1, S1 A1 applications for crew unemployment benefits, health care and social insurance
- Importing the crew planning and all relevant changes
- Approving invoices (e.g. crew flights, uniforms)
- Help crew with various requests
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Crewing Assistants and Crewing Officers
- Proven experience as a crewing assistant, or in a relevant crewing position is a must.
- A degree in Shipping or Human Resources, or any related field, will be considered an advantage.
- Fast computer typing skills (MS Office, in particular).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong communications skills.
- Flexible and able to cope with pressure when immediate changes are needed.
- Good English language skills: Reading, Writing, and Oral Interaction. German is a plus.
What to expect by joining:
- A unique opportunity in a global and fast-growing company
- Full training on all aspects of the position
- Continuous personal development and international training opportunities
- Health care plan
- Working Hours 09:00-17:30 (0.5 hr. lunch break included) from Monday – Friday.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality and are going to be used for recruitment purposes only.
Interested applicants should apply by sending their CV in English at:
stating in the email's subject "Junior Crewing Assistant Role”.