Sea chefs is a group of companies offering hotel, restaurant and crew management services for both seagoing and river cruise vessels. It is one of the cruise industry’s leading service providers worldwide.
Currently, we employ and manage thousands of employees onboard a remarkable fleet of seagoing and river cruise ships; our shoreside offices are based:
in Basel and Zug in Switzerland, in Limassol in Cyprus, in Valletta in Malta, and in Hamburg and Berlin in Germany.
The newly established Purchasing Department, in Cyprus, is going through rapid expansion and is looking to find another Purchasing Assistant to join the team.
We need a multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management with relevant knowledge and quality service.
They should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should be always prepared, alert and willing to meet each challenge directly.
Candidates must have excellent computers skills and excel in both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, candidates should have a genuine desire to anticipate and attend to the needs of others.
- Degree in Logistics, Business Administration, Hotel Management /Hospitality /Supply Chain Management or Purchasing
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a Purchasing Department of a Ship Management or Ship Owners Company
- Excellent Computer Skills (Windows environment, Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet)
- Excellent command of the English language (both written and oral)
- Any additional language is an advantage i.e. German, French
- Knowledge of procurement procedures and purchasing standards
- Strong market awareness and sound understanding of how a business operates
- Strong numeracy and problem-solving skills
- Organizing and planning ability
- Be systematic and consistent
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team within specific time constraints
- Ability to multitask
- Tenacity, efficiency, team working ability, commitment
- Effective ‘people skills’; ability to work with colleagues at all levels of the organizational structure
- Willingness to work in a demanding, dynamic environment
- Ability to work accurately, under pressure and to tight deadlines for the procurement of goods and services
- Good team worker
- Show dedication and full commitment to the tasks at hand
- Desire to grow and develop within the Company
- Be punctual and presentable
- Enters Purchase Order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases
- Maintains updated records of Purchase Orders, delivery information and invoices
- Reconciles suppliers’ invoices and receiving shipping reports to ensure count accuracy
- Assumes any other duty assigned by the Management
This recruitment invitation ends at the 3rd of June 2022 at 13:00.
Only Candidates who meet the specified requirements outlined above should apply.
Please forward your CV, in English, to the following email:
The recipients of your personal data are authorized officers and employees of sea chefs Cruises Ltd who are responsible for assessing your job application. The data contained in the CV will be used only for recruitment purposes.
The shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange for interviews during which they will be asked to review and sign the Privacy Notice for Shoreside Candidates.
The shortlisted CVs will be stored, in a predetermined area, for safekeeping, where access is controlled.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data. We wish to inform you that you have the following rights:
To access your data in order to rectify it.
To delete and stop processing your personal data (“Right to be forgotten”).
Other rights: in addition, you may have rights to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long, have its processing restricted in certain circumstances and/or to obtain copies of information we hold about you in electronic form.
You can make a request or exercise these rights by contacting us and we will make all reasonable and practical efforts to comply with your request and respond within 30 days, so long as it is consistent with applicable law.
If you do not receive any communication regarding the position within 15 to 20 working days after the closing date, you may assume that you haven’t been shortlisted. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that for personal data purposes we will delete all CVs of the candidates who will not be shortlisted.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.