Dromon Bureau of Shipping (DromonClass) is seeking to employ a smart and talented Research and Development Manager who can perform several important roles within our organization.
The position’s main role is to be responsible for research, planning, and implementing new programs, protocols and EU funding opportunities into our company as well as to oversee the entire development process of new products and programs within the organization.
Active participation will be required from the initial planning phase to implementation or production including preparation of marketing plans related to the creation of these new products.
The Research and Development Manager has direct access to the Chief Executive Officer(s) and directly reports to him/them.
- Supervise the Research/ Business Development Department.
- Observe EU and other funding programs for funding opportunities.
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Conducting market research to identify new business opportunities.
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Finding and developing new markets.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Developing goals for the development team and business growth and ensuring they are met.
- Providing insight into product development and competitive positioning.
- Collaborating with the Chief Executive Officers to determine the most viable, cost-effective approach to pursue new business opportunities.
- Follow up IMO meetings and updates, Maritime Rules and Regulations and Flag Administration requirements to ensure compliance of the Company’s QMS.
- Develop and distribute Circulars and Publications related to the maritime industry and international maritime standards.
- Develop and organize trainings, both classroom and online
- Analyzing competitors' products to determine product features, benefits, shortfalls, and market success.
- A Bachelor’s degree in the field of engineering, shipping, or business administration is required.
- PhD in relevant field will be considered an advantage.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in R&D with minimum two (2) years in shipping.
- Experience in funding programs will be considered an advantage.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Fluency in English both written and spoken.
- Computer literate.
Conditions of Employment:
Salary and benefits according with the candidate’s knowledge and experience.
How to Apply:
Please send an updated CV and a cover letter referring to the position you are applying for the attention of Human Resources Manager at:
Your application will be treated confidentially.
About the Company:
DromonClass has been established in 2003 as an independent International Classification Society for seagoing vessels and other marine structures dedicated to provide classification and statutory certification services with the constant objective of protecting the environment and life at sea.