Would you like to continue your compliance career in an exciting position with global responsibilities and exposure? Do you thrive in a flexible and flat organisation that always strives to be better than yesterday? Then, you might be the skilled and ambitious Compliance Analyst we are looking for to facilitate our global trading activities.
Monjasa is a leading global partner in the oil and shipping industry who believes strongly in driving Personal Business. We aim to inspire our business partners and become first choice by challenging status quo with our original solutions. We are thus on the lookout for a colleague who can identify with Monjasa’s values and can build strong relations both internally and externally.
With an increased focus on regulatory compliance globally, the compliance team plays a pivotal role in our daily business activities. You will join a team of dedicated and respected compliance professionals, who together ensure that our activities always remain compliant.
Your overall responsibility will be to cover and proactively ensure that our back-to-back and physical setup activities in Europe remain fully compliant with the regulatory expectations. Furthermore, you will also support our operations in Americas, the Middle East and Asia in close cooperation with the team. It is therefore imperative that you are flexible and understand the importance of teamwork.
The position will be based in our Limassol office, and you will report directly to both the Group Compliance Senior Manager in Denmark as part of the global Compliance team.
Areas of focus
- Support, guide and advise the trading floors to ensure day-to-day compliance
- Maintain focus, awareness and applicable adaptation of the global regulatory landscape with specific focus on sanctions
- Conduct all necessary KYC, ABAC, sanctions checks and risk assessments and ensure a high standard of due diligence in our vetting processes
- Respond to compliance queries in a timely manner and provide pragmatic solutions
- Onboarding of new employees and prepare and conduct Compliance trainings
- Review regional monthly gifts & hospitality expenses and draft monthly summary reports
Your professional skills
- Relevant education within Legal or Compliance or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience from a similar position e.g. within banking, legal, audit, oil/shipping or energy
- Knowledge of the ISO 37001 Anti-bribery Management Systems, Competition Laws, and Global Sanctions will also be a considerable advantage
- Microsoft Office proficient, especially in Excel
- Fluent (both written and verbal) in English
Your personal skills
- Detail oriented, structed, analytical and able to deal with ambiguity and tight deadlines
- Able to work independently and be quick in making decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive with a holistic view and a strong drive
- Adaptable, approachable and able to work in a dynamic environment
Monjasa as a workplace
Monjasa offers you a fulfilling career in a global organisation, where you will be part of a dynamic and ambitious team. We enjoy great learning opportunities and are proud of our fantastic work environment. With “Monjasa means personal business” as the headline to our corporate purpose, this serves as the guiding principle for our business. You will also find that we live and breathe our values of Respect, Ambition, Curiosity and Smile & Joy. All four values and our corporate purpose are anchored in how we work together and reflect our company DNA.
Monjasa at a glance
Monjasa is a global partner in the oil and shipping industries. Our core business includes trading and supplying marine fuels and shipowning activities on a global level. We are characterised by a strong entrepreneurial spirit and have experienced strong developments since our start in 2002. Financially, Monjasa is recognised as a robust business partner and total revenue reached USD 3.2 billion in 2021 - or equivalent to 5.7 million tonnes of marine fuels supplied. The fleet currently consists of some 20 tankers and operations and offices are certified according to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 50001.
The Monjasa Group also includes offshore shipowning company CBED and IT consultancy, RelateIT.
Deadline: We look forward to receiving your application no later than 5 June 2022.