P&O Maritime is currently looking to hire a Greek and English-speaking Senior Tug Master/Port Captain to be permanently based at the Port of Limassol.
The job holder will hold a dual role. He/She will be required to operate any Tugboat providing safe towage and vessel assist operations from time to time, maintain high standards of customer service to all shipping lines by promptly following instructions from the clients and Pilots, enhancing the image of P&O Maritime. The job holder will also be required to overview as well as follow health, safety, environmental and quality procedures as per P&O Maritime Global standards. As a member of our operational team, the job holder may be required to work on a rotational roster including shifts which ensure the port service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Key responsibilities include:
• To be overall in charge of all the P&O Maritime Tugs in Cyprus.
• To execute annual assessments and evaluations of the Tug Masters as well as train any new joiners.
• To execute frequent inspections and internal audits at all tugs, ensuring that any deficiencies that arise are immediately rectified and reported.
• To take care and make sure that all vessel certificates are current and up-dated as necessary.
• To carry out regular report defects, landing reports and raise paperwork as necessary.
• To monitor day to day operations in an efficient manner.
• To ensure all emergency procedures are exercised on a regular basis and to have a thorough understanding of the same to avoid wastage in time, cost and resources.
• Responsible for the HSEQ and QMS for the fleet and the correct use of it.
• Act as an incident investigator.
• Provide training to employees and build their awareness in the Safety Management System.
• Monitor compliance of all staff with Company’s health, safety and environment policies and procedures to maintain a safe working environment.
• Conduct Risk Assessments on all operations and tasks and identify and action control measures to be put in place.
• Regularly visit vessels and shore-based worksites with the workforce and provide guidance, advice and presentations on ISM Code.
• Conduct audits and inspections of all vessels and pilot boats, follow-up and assist in closing out findings, ensuring that any deficiencies that arise are immediately rectified and reported.
• To command any Tug Boat independently from time to time or as required within a roaster.
• SCTW certificate of competency as a Master or minimum Chief Officer of vessel (STCW A II/2) with the ability to obtain a Cyprus flag state endorsement.
• Relevant experience of minimum 12 months on the rank of Chief Officer on vessels of 3,500 grt.
• Tug experience as Master Mariner would be considered as an advantage.
• Experience using marine vessel management software would be considered as an advantage.
• Voith Schneider Propeller (VSP) and/or Azimuth Stern Drive (ASD) experience would be considered as an advantage.
• Fluent in Greek and English Languages, both speaking and writing is a MUST.
• Excellent communication skills with strong leadership and organizational skills.
• Problem solving ability.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to adapt to a changing and challenging environment.
• Capable to work under stress in emergency cases and strict deadlines.
• Competitive remuneration package.
• Private medical insurance coverage for employee and family members.
• 13th salary.
• Annual performance-based bonus.
• Provident Fund.
• Training opportunities.
Interested applicants are required to submit their curriculum vitae and cover letter at:
Deadline: 31st of May 2022.
All Applications will be treated as strictly confidential. P&O Maritime is an equal opportunities employer.