Due to strong continued growth, an opportunity has arisen for English and German-speaking Purchasing Officers to join the MCTC team and play an important role in the company's expansion plan.
As a Purchasing Officer (English/German-Speaking), you‘ll be responsible for:
- Informing the Fleet Supervisor or Purchasing Consultant about, and handling complaints, non-conformities and discrepancies effectively between vessels and suppliers.
- Reviewing the vessels Requisition.
- Sending out inquiries for quotations to various approved Suppliers.
- Issuing enquiries, analyzing quotations for submission to Fleet Supervisor, placing orders and subsequently arranging safe and most economical delivery of requested items to respective vessels, at the most convenient ports.
- Evaluating offers received from various suppliers based on their performance and the Approved List of Suppliers / Subcontractors, price, quality, payment terms and previous cooperation.
- Arranging transportation of the ordered catering provisions and other consumables.
- Checking the related invoices for payment.
- Preparing supplier comparison reports, supplier benchmarking and recording supplier performances.
- Preparing customer review reports.
- Assisting in the monthly closing inventories process and making sure that the vessels catering accounts are updated correctly.
- Issuing monthly catering reports and reporting to the Fleet Supervisor for vessels performance.
- Assisting in verifying invoices from suppliers and updating vessel catering accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for:
- College or university graduate
- Computer literacy; excellent knowledge of MS Office applications
- Excellent command of the English language (written and verbal)
- Fluent in German will be considered an advantage
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to work out of normal working hours
- Team Player
- Previous Work Experience and/or Education in Culinary Arts, Nutrition, Food Technology or Maritime Studies are seen as an advantage.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 13th salary upon successful completion of the probation period
- Home-office and flexible working arrangements upon completion of the training period
- Amazing opportunities for career progression
- An informal and modern working environment with fantastic working conditions
- A fast-growing and vibrant company
- Friendly, fun and high skilled co-workers from around the world
Send your CV to:
CV should be submitted in English