Wärtsilä is leading the maritime industry’s transformation towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. We at Wärtsilä Marine Power are proud to offer our customers the world’s widest network of maritime expertise and the full portfolio from engines to lifecycle solutions.
We want to change the course towards an interconnected and cleaner maritime future and are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services - together. Are you ready to jump onboard?
We are now looking for a Superintendent Technical Service, EUAF, 2-stroke Services to join our strong team of experts providing operation support and high-level consultancy to owner and operator of 2-stroke large bore engines.
The preferred location of the position is Cyprus.
As Superintendent Technical Service, EUAF, 2-stroke Services, your work will focus on these responsibilities:
- Providing technical and operations support to operator and owner of 2-stroke marine installations
- Providing technical consultancy to customer and internal stakeholder
- Providing technical solutions
- Analysis and evaluation of engine performance / condition data
- Providing of technical project management (back-office as well as in-situ) for large repair and conversion projects
- Handling of technical communication towards project related stakeholder, e.g. class societies, insurance companies, customer representatives
- On site 2nd level troubleshooting, commissioning & and on side supervision
- Preparation and holding of presentations and training courses
- Exploring of sales opportunities and up-selling potentials thorough the technical inquiries and solutions
- Briefing and debriefing of Service engineers prior /- after service attendance
The below will enable you to shine in this role:
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Ship Operation Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in service or operation of 2-stroke marine diesel engines
- Self-motivated and reliable to take responsibility of your actions
- Structured, analytic and self-dependent working attitude
- Good time management and organisation skills - able to effectively manage the workload by periodisation and coordination
- Proven knowledge in technical problem solving, communications, project management and presentation skills
- Basic knowledge in sales and technical negotiation
- Good team player in an international and intercultural working environment
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
In this role, some travel is required to meet with our customers around the world. Thus, we hope you to be ready to travel up to approximately 25%, even though most of the meetings are held virtually.
Why you and us
We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility of our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have courage to see opportunities and take initiative.
We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive work community where everyone can be their true self. We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for. Are you eager to be part of this ambition?
Contact & next steps
Does this sound like the job for you? If yes, we hope to hear from you before the application deadline 06.06.2022, through submitting your application through our careers portal. We aim to keep you updated on the process all the way.
Please apply by 6th June 2022 at 23:59 EEST. Our recruiting tool recognizes the time zone where the job ad has been published and closes the application period according to same time zone.
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä Marine Power leads the industry in its journey towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. Our broad portfolio of engines, propulsion systems, hybrid technology, and integrated powertrain systems delivers the efficiency, reliability, safety, and environmental performance needed to support our customers to be successful. Our offering includes performance-based agreements, lifecycle solutions, and an unrivalled global network of maritime expertise. www.wartsila.com/marine
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. We emphasise innovation in sustainable technology and services to help our customers continuously improve their environmental and economic performance. Our dedicated and passionate team of 17,000 professionals in more than 200 locations in 68 countries shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. In 2021, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.8 billion. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com