Authorities and Responsibilities:
Assistant Technical Superintendent(s) have a function for assisting in the technical department on technical issues. They are not allocated to specific vessel(s), to function in a free-lance way according to the needs of the technical department. In case of absences, vessel requirements may be attended also by the Assistant Technical Superintendent as back up.
The Assistant Technical Superintendent(s) are directly accountable and report to the Deputy or Technical Manager for all matters connected with the efficient and safe operation of the vessels.
The Assistant Superintendent(s) in addition are responsible for:
- Monitoring warranty claims on NB vessels during the warranty period
- Monitoring planned maintenance systems
- Arranging technical and other services
- Monitoring elimination of deficiencies
- Assisting in preparing for dry docking
- Maintaining the libraries of vessel manuals and drawings
- Monitoring vessel performance
- Keeping proper records and proper filing
- Collecting of documents in cases of incidents with damages on vessels
In addition, the Assistant Technical Superintendent is responsible for the purchasing procedures in the absence of the Technical Superintendent, but always with the approval of the Deputy or Technical Manager. Superintendent visits/inspections may be conducted by an Assistant Superintendent under the remote supervision of the Superintendent responsible for the vessel.
The Assistant Technical Superintendent(s) will be audited by internal and external auditors according to the procedures of the ISM Code.
- Marine degree from a recognized University or College
- Good command of the English language
- Communication abilities
- Knowledge of all functions of the shipping industry
- Basic knowledge of classification rules and statutory regulations
- Broad knowledge of various types of ships and equipment types/makers
- Purchasing knowledge and budget cost control
- Commitment to work and if needed to work at irregular hours and to travel overseas
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources Manager:
quoting the job title and its Job Number: LN2022/01.
Deadline for submitting applications: 3 July 2022.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.