The successful candidate will be responsible for processing, documenting, and communicating the requisitions put in by the assigned vessels, adhering to policies and SOP’s set by the shared services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Buyer performs day to day purchasing related activities to ensure safe and timely delivery of requisitions ordered by the vessel with due consideration to the criticality of the item.
- Responds to the requisitions raised by vessels in company’s purchase module which is Oracle Supply Chain.
- Communicates with Category leads regarding prices and deliveries.
- Achieves the goal of cost efficient, safe & timely operations of vessels in accordance with company policy & procedures.
- Deals with category leads for supply of requested items of required on board.
- Carefully takes care of the purchase flow to ensure the desired result which includes processing requisitions.
- Daily coordination with vessels to ensure prompt information & immediately address queries and/or complaints.
- Continuously improve service quality and productivity levels. Proactively share best practices across the teams.
- Coordinates with vessel, agents and local ship chandlers for the smooth delivery of orders.
- Resolves issues regarding supply as raised directly by the vessel.
- Provides feedback to Captain and Superintendent regarding local ship chandler for budget control.
- Process invoices for payment
- Check & analyze requisitions based on the requirement of stakeholders.
- Comply with available frame agreements prices pre-selected by the vessel.
- Issue the Purchase Order (PO) with all the required details (i.e. ETB, agent details) once approved.
- Ensure that supplier issues Order confirmation.
- Follow up on the delivery two days before of ETB.
Job Experience & Minimum Qualifications:
- Degree holder of any faculty with minimum 1 – 3 years of relevant work experience in procurement, preferably ship management industry.
- Diploma of any faculty with 3-6 years relevant work experience in procurement, preferably ship management industry.
- IT literate for working with advanced procurement systems.
- Good interpersonal & stakeholder management skills with ability to communicate at all levels.
- High stress level, being comfortable handling numerous tasks within limited timeframes in a structured manner with eye for the detail.
- Strong-minded with robust personality.
- Bonus Scheme
- Competitive Salary package
- 13th Salary
- Medical – Family Coverage (100% employer contribution)
- Pension Fund
Work Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
To apply for this job opportunity, send your CV (in English please) to:
Please note that due to the high volumes of applications received only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Fleet Management Limited, established in 1994, provides ship management services like technical management, ship building, marine insurance, maritime training and crew management to ship owners.