Oversee and monitor the overall safety, security, nautical and commercial operation (including commercial effectiveness and voyage efficiency) of the assigned ships.
- Support the Company’s strategic goals
- Monitor updates and propose improvements in safety, security, commercial effectiveness, and voyage efficiency through Risk Intelligence platforms, alerts, and incident corrective actions
- Drive and provide recommendations in improving automation and smart operation services for the Chartering/Operations and Performance Modules
- Review all necessary vessel inspection reports, quarterly financial reports, and documentation concerning vessel performance and operational issues and submit recommendations to Owners
- Contribute to better collaboration, enhancement of clients’ commitment, and promotion of the Company’s profile
- Support Vessels and Post Fixture
- Prepare freight accounts / hire statements and ensure timely collection of outstanding amounts
- Be aware of the principles in commercial agreements, charter parties, and BSM onboard obligations
- Brief fleet team and senior onboard officers on the highlighted clauses within the charter party
- Review the pre-fixing requirements and charter party clauses during negotiations
- Follow up on the vessel position and assist Masters to ensure compliance with the Charter Party requirements on Commercial and Operational matters
- Provide commercial and operational support to the assigned vessels for the voyage and cargo requirements to be met and subsequently ensure compliance with charter party
- Monitor Vessel and Voyage performance
- Handle commercial claims, cargo claims and Charter Party disputes
- Intervene timely when there is a disagreement between Charterers and Masters, Charterers and Owner
- Liaise with Masters, Charterers/Brokers and Owners on Commercial/operational matters
- Monitor the accurate, timely, and qualitative execution of all cargo hold cleaning activities and preparation for loading in conformance with cargo and charter party requirements.
- Participate in the development of the cargo tanks cleaning plan for the assigned vessels and monitor its accurate execution.
- Monitor the cargo tank condition inspection activities of the assigned tanker vessels and advise TSI accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Shipping or equivalent.
- Being a member of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers or having a recognized Degree in the shipping field is preferred (but not a must).
- 2 years’ experience within the maritime industry.
- Previous experience as a Post Fixture Operative, or experience in area of chartering, shipbroking and voyage planning will be considered an advantage.
Job Specific Skills:
- Knowledge of charter party agreements.
- Knowledge of operational requirements and voyage regulations.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent reasoning and analytical skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication abilities.
- Very good people management skills.
- Strong organisational and project management skills.
- Fluency in English.
Why you should join us!
- Career development opportunities.
- Technical and soft skills training (Udemy and Pluralsight).
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage (Private and GESY).
- Annual performance bonus.
- 13 Salary.
- Provident Fund.
- Parking Sponsorship.
- Gym benefits.
- 24/7 mental health support service.
- Sustainability and wellness activities.
- Diverse workforce.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Flexible work opportunities.
- Technology-driven company.
Be a part of the ever-growing Schulte group family.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV by 27 Jul 2022.