Are you an experienced marine surveyor with a passion for technical leadership and direct support of clients? Would you like to contribute to delivering excellent technical and commercial support internally and externally?
Then working for Lloyd's Register is for you! We will offer you a challenging job opportunity and the opportunity to grow and achieve your ambitions.
The Job can be based in Limassol or Athens.
As part of your role, you will contribute your expertise and lead projects, which provide commercially focused support and / or service delivery to internal and / or external clients. You will also propose solutions to technical, Classification and Flag-related challenges, where the parameters may not always be well defined and where previous experience may not provide any precedent. You will also act as Legal Representative of the Lloyd’s Register Company in Cyprus and Cypriot Flag Liaison as well as Lloyd’s Register Foundation Ambassador for Cypriot Authorities and the Cypriot Market.
- Undertake technical activities for Cyprus.
- Provide technical leadership and ensure expected quality of service delivery and client business response for our clients at Cyprus
- Undertake field survey jobs or Marine Management System work as may be needed.
- Undertake the role of Legal Representative vis a vis the Cypriot Authorities.
- Undertake the role of Lloyd’s Register Foundation Ambassador for Cyprus as per pertinent guidelines.
- Undertake the role of Flag representative for the Cypriot Flag as per pertinent guidelines.
- Assess / recommend the time / value of the work to be undertaken for an internal / external client within an agreed fee / cost structure.
- Make recommendations based on internal / external client feedback to assist in service delivery improvement and to help build the business.
- Provide specialist support / advice within a discipline to internal / external clients.
- Discuss / present deliverables with the internal / external client up to senior level and be able to suggest alternative solutions where appropriate.
- A degree or equivalent from a University within the relevant field of engineering or Qualifications from a marine or nautical institution and relevant sea-going experience as a certificated ship’s officer.
- Proven experience in technically supporting maritime clients and/or carrying out field survey or classification activities
- Computer literacy
- Excellent command (written and oral) in English language using relevant professional terminology.
You are someone who:
- Communicates in a structured way and has ability to present ideas in simple way
- Has ability to communicate effectively across levels both internally and externally.
- Has drive for results, solution focused thinking and is keen to take accountability and ownership for delivering customer needs.
- Can self-manage and prioritize tasks towards achieving goals
- Demonstrates initiative and proactiveness and has flexibility adjusting your approach when necessary.
- Has good planning and process management skills (scopes the length and difficulty of tasks; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into process steps)
- Has perseverance in the face of obstacles
- Displays a team spirit, particularly in a multicultural environment and ability to work both independently and as part of a team with colleagues in person and around the world.
- Is customer focused and driven to achieve excellent customer service.
What We Offer
We offer you an exciting working environment with intellectual challenges, responsibility and high-level client interaction. An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the right candidate.
You will be working in a friendly work environment which is highly productive, collaborative and innovative -- where your voice is heard.
About Lloyd's Register
The Lloyd's Register Group (LR) is an independent risk management organisation that helps to improve our clients' quality, safety, environmental and business performance throughout the world. This is mirrored in our mission statement "working together for a safer world".
LR is a global engineering, technical and business services organisation and a maritime classification society, wholly owned by the Lloyd's Register Foundation, a UK charity dedicated to research and education in science and engineering for the benefit of the community at large.
Our expertise and activities cover Marine & offshore Classification and Marine Performance Services.
Are you interested in this job? Apply now and send your C.V. and cover letter.
Contact Kalliopi Christopoulou (Corporate Recruiter - South Europe)
Diversity and Inclusion at Lloyd's Register:
Together we are one Lloyd’s Register, committed to developing an inclusive and safe workplace that embraces and celebrates diversity. We strive to ensure that all applicants to LR experience equality of opportunity and fair treatment, because we believe it is the right thing to do. We hope you do too.