The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI) invites applications for the recruitment of qualified applicants in the Cyprus Marine Observation Network (CyMON) of CMMI, situated in Cyprus. The employment period is initially a fixed-term contract, with the possibility of renewal.
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute:
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI) is a non-profit, research, innovation and technology development organization established in Cyprus, supported by EU funds via the Teaming program, as well as the Government of Cyprus and established industry stakeholders. The CMMI pulls together expertise from local universities and industry and international partners.
CyMON’s areas of interest:
CyMON’s areas of interest include but are not restricted to, oceanography, marine technologies, marine/coastal field surveys, ocean observations, numerical modelling, data management, data assimilation, and climate change. Successful candidates will be able to sustain their existing network and grow their profile by utilizing CMMI’s contacts, and links to industry and academia, including our local and international Advanced Partners, such as the Marine Institute (Ireland), Bluewise Marine (Ireland), and Southampton Marine and Maritime Institute (UK).
We seek to recruit visionary researchers with the desire and ability to undertake a range of multidisciplinary projects that will support research, technology and innovation aim at the CMMI. At this early developmental stage of the CMMI, there is a great opportunity to set the direction of the Institute and to capitalize on partnerships with local and international CMMI partners. You will have the opportunity to build on your existing research track record, and you will be supported in developing new skills and interests aligned with CMMI’s projects. You will be able to explore a diverse range of topics and contribute to CyMON’s growth, as part of CMMI – a young and vibrant organization aspiring to become a local and global partner of choice.
The successful candidates, depending on the level of expertise and position, will contribute to CyMON’s projects, assist in the preparation of reports and deliverables, participate in organizational and administrative tasks, contribute to research proposals, author scientific reports, conferences, and scientific peer-reviewed articles. Moreover, the successful candidates will contribute to CyMON’s development of hardware and software infrastructure according to timelines and priorities. The successful candidates are expected to have skills in the field of Physical Oceanography, Mathematics, Physics, Data Science, and Engineering.
- A BSc or MSc or PhD in one of the following disciplines: physical oceanography, mathematics, physics, data science, or engineering.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (written and verbal).
- High impact publication record on relevant topics will be considered an advantage.
- Significant proven record in project participation and successful research grant applications will be considered an advantage.
- Previous experience in the development of numerical hydrodynamic/wave models and/or data management will be considered an advantage.
- Strong analytical and integrative thinking.
- Strong organisational and teamwork skills.
- Strong written, oral, graphical, and digital presentation skills.
- Ability to network with governmental, industrial, and other external organisations/stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure, delegate, and plan personal workload effectively.
- Ability to solve problems creatively.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- 13th Salary
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Extensive learning opportunities
- Purpose-driven organisation
- Culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to provide the following, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Position Reference CYMON2022_2) no later than the 7th of August 2022.
- A cover letter that specifies the reasons for pursuing a research career at CMMI, the employment availability date, and part-time or full-time availability (1-page maximum)
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Copy of degree certificates
- Contact details of at least two referees that can provide reference letters
- Short description of academic, research, and/or industrial experience (1-page maximum)
Only applications that fulfil the above criteria will be considered. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please contact us at +357 24506122 or by email at email@example.com