The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI), invites applications for the recruitment of qualified applicants for the Researcher position at the Maritime Digitalization Center (MDigiC) of CMMI, situated in Cyprus. The employment period is a fixed-term contract, with the possibility of renewal.
Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute:
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI) is a non-profit, research, innovation and technology development organization established in Cyprus, supported by EU funds via the Teaming program, as well as the Government of Cyprus and established industry stakeholders. The CMMI pulls together expertise from local universities and industry and international partners. MDigiC’s areas of interest include but are not restricted to, vessel performance optimization, intelligent data acquisition, interpretation, and communication for informed decision support.
We seek to recruit visionary scientists/researchers with the desire and ability to undertake a range of multidisciplinary projects that will support research work at the CMMI. At this early developmental stage of the CMMI, there is a great incentive to collaborate towards forging the direction of the Institute and to capitalize on partnerships with local and international CMMI partners. We seek scientists/researchers who will be excited to explore a diverse range of topics and contribute to MDigiC’s growth.
Successful candidates will contribute to CMMI projects, assist in the preparation of reports and deliverables, contribute to research proposals, author scientific reports, conference, and journal publications, and develop software tools. Successful candidates are expected to have skills within the broad field of Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, and Mathematics.
- A BSc, MSc, or PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Previous relevant academic or industrial experience will be considered an advantage
- High-impact publication on relevant topics will be considered an advantage
- Successful participation in successful research grant applications will be considered an advantage
- Strong analytical and integrative thinking
- Strong organizational and teamwork skills
- Strong written, oral, graphical, and digital presentation skills
- Ability to interact with governmental, industrial, and other external organizations to build productive relationships
- Ability to work under pressure, delegate and plan personal workload effectively
- Ability to solve problems creatively.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- 13th Salary
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Extensive learning opportunities
- Purpose-driven organization
- Culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to provide the following by email to email@example.com (Position Reference MDigiC2022_3), no later than 7th of August 2022.
- A cover letter that specifies the reasons for pursuing a research career at CMMI, the employment availability date, and part-time or full-time availability (1-page maximum)
- Short description of academic, research, or industrial experience (1-page maximum)
- Plans for Research and Innovation at CMMI (1-page maximum).
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Copies of degree certificates
- Contact details of at least two referees that can provide reference letters
Only applications that fulfil the above criteria will be considered. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please contact us at +357 24506122 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org