This key position is responsible for the safe, reliable and profitable operations of the product / chemical tankers fleet vessels assigned to you, leading and engaging senior ship staff, working collaboratively with other departments and divisions to ensure optimal fleet operations while upholding and driving the values, brand, procedures and practices of Wallem Group and our valued Clients.
- Ensures vessels are operated in a safe, efficient, reliable and cost-effective manner, in compliance with Class and Statutory and Wallem’s Safety Management System requirements
- Sets goals and expectations, proactively putting in place performance outcomes, Wallem’s values and procedures for sea staff compliance
- Provides coaching and works to develop juniors, as well as Masters, Chief Engineers and officers with potential onboard
- Provides day to day technical and operational support and guidance to assigned vessels
- Monitors vessel performance and ensures timely, efficient and effective follow-up actions
- Prepares and manages vessel budgets and optimises operating expenditure while ensuring that the vessels are operated and maintained to the standards required by Wallem and our Clients
- Plans, monitors and manages dry-dockings and major repairs
- Carries out regular vessel visits, including sailing visits, to confirm condition and compliance with company standards
- Minimum 2 years’ sailing experience as Chief Engineer in product / chemical tankers with 2 years’ experience as Superintendent of product / chemical tankers, or a post graduate Degree (MEng or MSc) or equivalent qualification in Naval Architecture / Mechanical Engineering or other related discipline with 5 years’ experience as Superintendent of product / chemical tankers
- Effective communicator with a good command of English
- Be ready for and capable of frequent travel globally without restriction
If you have the drive for achievement, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply in strict confidence with your full resume and contact details.
Information collected will be kept confidential and used strictly for recruitment purpose only.
Apply via Linkedin by clicking below: