Career opportunity to join MSC SHIPMANAGEMENT LIMITED, one of the world’s leading ship management companies. Due to our continuous growth and expansion, we are currently looking for a Fleet Personnel Officer to join our Cargo Crewing department.
In this role, you will use your professional skills to support the crewing operations in performing the schedules and planning of crew changes and follow up with relevant parties. You will demonstrate your competency for organization and communication skills, for giving attention to detail and your strong computer skills ensuring effective crewing activities as per the management guidelines.
- Assist with the preparation of annual crew budgets for review by Management.
- Following crewing-related procedures relating to P&I cases/ medical, disciplinary cases, supernumeraries, promotions and appraisals.
- Maintaining regular communication with Officers and Engineers while on board and after they sign off for obtaining their DOA, be aware and considerate of their private status and arrange their next assignment as appropriate.
- Maintaining daily communication with the manning offices and monitoring all crew changes carried out by the manning offices in order to ensure maximum benefit of budget and smooth relief planning.
- Participating as required in our in-house planning meetings for planning analysis and suggestions and reviewing of weekly top 4 planning table prepared by the India and Ukraine offices.
- Planning of office briefings/video conferences and related arrangements.
- Processing and following up on approvals of officers thru our crewing software.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of crew members and coordinating briefings /debriefings.
- Reviewing and approval of D/As for crewing-related expenses.
- Monitor the agreed crew manning and report to Management any extra crew on board or additional crew requested by other departments, or any deviations (over and above budget).
- Coordinating with travel department to ensure that all crew changes are planned at the most cost-effective ports of trade and keep good control of crewing and crew travel costs as per the budget.
- Systematic review and analysis of the budget variation reports prepared by the Accounts department.
- Keeping abreast with developments related to own role.
- Acquiring any other duties assigned by the management.
Skills and Experience:
- Organizational skills
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of environmental issues and environmental/safety rules and regulations
- Knowledge of international and national regulations and requirements related to shipboard personnel
- Computer Literacy
- Fluent in English language, both verbal and written
An attractive, above the market average compensation package, will be offered to the successful candidate. Interested applicants should apply by sending their CV at:
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.