To strengthen their QSHE team in Limassol Columbia Shipmanagement is looking for an experienced and motivated QSHE Superintendent to join their team.
- Being fully conversant with and implementing the Company’s Management System effectively;
- Contributing to the development of new, or the amendment of existing, procedures;
- Promoting and supporting efforts for continual improvement;
- Providing such assistance to the QSHE Manager / DPA and to the Deputy QSHE Manager / DDPA to ensure that the QSHE Department operates in an efficient and organised manner;
- Promoting awareness of customers’ requirements throughout the department employees and the fleet;
- Encouraging a robust quality, safety, health and security culture as well as environmental awareness and energy efficiency within the department employees and the Company’s fleet;
- Reviewing Risk Assessments and Management of Change as assigned;
- Following up the implementation of the shipboard internal audit findings;
- Conducting investigations of accidents/incidents as assigned;
- As and when required attending vessels as instructed to conduct incident investigations, internal audits or to provide assistance to crew members;
- Working on projects or tasks as assigned by the QSHE Manager / DPA.
- Seagoing experience as an officer of not less than two years or an industry experience in similar role of not less than two years;
- Good working knowledge of international rules and regulations and of industry guidelines and recommendations;
- Training, experience and skills in internal auditing;
- Training, experience and skills in incident investigation;
- Training, experience and skills in risk management;
- Good leadership, and communication skills as well as the ability to work within a team;
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new systems and ideas;
- Willingness to work irregular hours and to travel;
- Good command of the English language.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to (state the Job you are applying to):