Responsible for enhancing the overall performance of the BSM Group of companies by providing relevant and applicable on-board training for seagoing staff and ensuring the results of such training meet and exceed the group and customer’s requirements in a quality-controlled environment.
Support BSM’s Strategic Goals
- Ensure efficient facilitation and running of relevant courses.
- Ensure close coordination of activities with the Training Director / Training Manager with regards to training needs as well as communication with SMCs, CSCs, and other BSM departments when required.
- Delivery of training within a quality-controlled environment, leading to improved safety and performance within the BSM fleet.
- Ensure learning transfer is achieved through evaluation and assessment of attending seafarers to the satisfaction of the quality system and the customer’s needs.
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of the training, training facilities, and quality system.
- Be available to carry out training in other BSM MTC and any other areas on BSM’s behalf and also where appropriate with third-party training institutions, to mutually benefit from the experience exchange.
- Participate in ship visits or sailing periods on board BSM vessels when the opportunity arises to maintain currency and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the realities faced by BSM crew, in order to be effectively applied in the training environment.
- Ensure training facilities, equipment and simulators are prepared and available for training courses and kept in a ready state of maintenance utilising and implementing the maintenance plan of the MTC.
- Take personal responsibility to keep ahead of industry and BSM changes affecting training needs and inputs.
- Ensure budget consciousness in all activities and seek approval for spending through the Director/ Manager as appropriate and as applicable to the Group’s overall strategies and quality procedures.
Requirements Education & Work Experience
- Bachelors degree in Shipping or related field, and;
- At least 3 years of experience as an Electrical Superintendent.
- At least 5 years of experience as an Electro Technical Officer.
Job Specific Skills
- A thorough knowledge of current and impending maritime legislation.
- A thorough knowledge of maritime training and development needs.
- A comprehensive understanding of evaluation and assessment techniques.
- A thorough working knowledge and understanding of STCW as amended.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends and concepts in training and adult learning techniques.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English as well as local language/s as applicable.
- PC / Microsoft Office literate (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Career development opportunities.
- Technical and soft skills training (Udemy and Pluralsight).
- Competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage (Private and GESY).
- Annual performance bonus.
- 13 Salary.
- Provident Fund.
- Parking Sponsorship.
- Gym benefits.
- 24/7 mental health support service.
- Sustainability and wellness activities.
- Diverse workforce.
- Flexible work opportunities.
- Technology-driven company.
- Be a part of the ever-growing Schulte group family.
If you are interested in the position please submit your CV latest by 07 of Oct.