Ethos Shipmanagement is a Ship Management Company, obsessed with detail and service by conducting business in an ethical way. Together with our background in shipping, above elements result in the Organisation’s simple, sole purpose – to provide high-quality shipmanagement services and empower our customers to achieve a competitive advantage in accomplishing their sustainability goals.
We have been there, hence we have the expertise backed up with years of experience to meet these needs. If you too believe that the maritime industry needs a fresh and modern approach whilst remaining aligned with the traditional shipping values, then join the Ethos Team. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
About the role
We are currently looking to employ a Technical Superintendent based at our offices in Limassol, Cyprus. You will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and safe technical operations of our fleet.
- Manage all technical matters and ensure that safety is being given the highest priority.
- Manage financial budgets and cost control for maintenance, repairs, stores, modifications and dry dockings, while ensuring compliance with Industry, Class and International regulations.
- Maintain close communication with the vessel management team, and lead, develop and coach assigned Senior Officers on all matters (safety, technical, cost leadership).
- Co-operate and work across all onshore departments such as, Crewing, QHSE, and Operations as required.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance, repairs, planned maintenance and modifications to the vessels’ hull and machineries.
- Plan, coordinate and execute inspections and dry dockings of the vessels.
- Follow up on the performance of the vessels and arrange corrective actions to be carried out when necessary.
- Ensure that all vessel certification and surveys for class, flag and international requirements are in order.
- Initiate innovations, savings and improvements within the area of responsibility.
- Monitor the quality of all service providers.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience and proven technical ability as Technical Superintendent or similar position.
- You have demonstrated experience with technical applications and knowledge of marine diesel electric engines.
- Passion for excellence and working in a fast-paced ship management environment.
- Has good interpersonal and communication skills, sharp analytical skills and strong ethics.
- Background as Marine Engineer, preferably to have sailed as C/E or 2eng onboard seagoing vessels.
- Planned Maintenance system experience
- Willing and able to travel to vessels worldwide.
- Fluent in English.
- Indefinite permit to work in Cyprus / EU.
Sent your CV (Quote vacancy: MC324232) and Cover letter to: