Ethos Shipmanagement is a Ship Management Company, based in Limassol Cyprus obsessed in detail and service by conducting business in an ethical way. Together with our background in shipping, above elements result in the Organisation’s simple, sole purpose – to provide high-quality shipmanagement services and empower our customers to achieve a competitive advantage in accomplishing their sustainability goals.
We have been there, hence we have the expertise backed up with years of experience to meet these needs. If you too believe that the maritime industry needs a fresh and modern approach whilst remaining aligned with the traditional shipping values, then join the Ethos Team.
About the role
We are currently inviting high caliber professionals to apply for the position of DPA, CSO, Marine Superintendent.
The role will involve guiding on safety, security, marine, navigation, mooring and cargo operations. This position will also be the lead position for ship/shore compatibility studies. Will operate the vessels managed by the Company in a safe and efficient manner. A key person, who is required to ensure effective implementation of the company's safety management system and is responsible for developing and implementing safety culture within the company. The role and responsibility of the DPA is also to verify and monitor all safety and pollution prevention activities in the operation of each ship.
As a Marine Superintendent will also carry out navigation/cargo audits, vessel inspections and internal audits as required.
- Oversee and monitor the overall safety, security, and marine matters of the managed ships.
- Implement and follow-up the ISM certification of the Company for each assigned flag and Supervise the implementation/application of ISM (SMC), MLC, ISPS (ISSC), ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications of the vessels managed by the Company.
- Be fully up to date with all Company Regulations, International and National Statutory requirements and, as far as possible, developments that relate to the navigational, deck and cargo handling aspects of the marine industry. This is to include full knowledge of SOLAS, MARPOL, SOPEP and the Company Quality Systems.
- Visit vessels and perform audits/inspections.
- Participate in the Emergency Response Team as per Group organization.
- Be able to gather and analyse data from hazardous occurrences/ situations, near misses, incidents and accidents and apply the lessons learned to improve the SMS.
- Monitor updates and propose improvements in safety, security and commercial effectiveness and voyage efficiency to assigned vessels.
- Support Master during vetting and third-party audits and inspections.
- Provide guidance on standards and policies contributing towards safety regulations and environmental protection.
- Carry out interviews and briefings as required for senior ship staff.
- Identify training needs and provide on-board training to ship staff during ship visits.
- Experience as DPA/CSO or deputy-DPA/CSO (Minimum 2 years)
- Master license COC Class A or B
- Team Spirit and soft skills
- Health, Safety and Quality, Environment culture
- DPA and CSO, ISM/ISPS/MLC auditor Certification
- Excellent Knowledge of Legislation concerning Quality and Safety, environmental and safety standards.
- Availability to travel
- Fluent in English
- Indefinite permit to work in Cyprus / EU
Desirable: Has a Master license COC Class A and sailed as a Master on Bulk carriers/Container vessels and/or previous experience as a Marine Superintendent operating Dry Bulk cargo carriers or cargo tankers.
Sent your CV (Quote vacancy: MC324233) and Cover letter to: