The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI) is seeking to recruit a qualified applicant for the position of Communications Officer, situated in Larnaca. The employment period is initially a fixed-term contract, with the possibility of renewal.
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI) is a Centre of Excellence for marine and maritime research, innovation and technology development and has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program and matching funding from the Government of the Republic of Cyprus.
The Communications Officer will be responsible for overseeing the communication efforts of the organisation, including public relations and marketing. The Communications Officer’s duties include among others, establishing and maintaining CMMI’s strong and recognisable brand, organising and engaging in promotional activities, developing and maintaining strong public relations with CMMI’s stakeholders, as well as ensuring that CMMI has appropriate communication policies and procedures to uphold the organisation’s brand image.
- Content writing; including website content, presentations, speeches and other materials
- Prepare and/or review all outgoing written materials (e.g., letters, articles, press releases, brochures, newsletters, business cards, formal communications, and other publications)
- Promote communication and marketing materials through appropriate the appropriate channels
- Manage the social media accounts ensuring frequent, informative, interesting and timely posts
- Track analytics and create reports detailing the successes and failures of communication campaigns and make suggestions for improvements.
- Ensure that all communication and marketing material aligns with the CMMI brand standards
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the media
- Approach local and international media to promote various events, achievements, projects and other activities
- Initiate and engage in media outreach activities and reply to media inquiries to achieve brand placement
- Maintain digital media archives including among others articles, presentations, photos and videos
- Organise and/or assist in the organisation of educational and promotional events, workshops and conferences
- Act as a spokesperson for the organisation
- Prepare and manage the budget for communication activities & needs.
- Utilise the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system for various dissemination activities e.g., targeted messages, invitations and other communications to stakeholders
- Develop and implement communication policies, procedures and forms
- Develop escalation protocols for managing communication crises, should they arise
- Enhance the internal culture of communication through appropriate internal communication channels
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective dissemination & communication plan.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English Literature, Public Relations, Business Administration, or a related field
- A Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English Literature, Public Relations, Business Administration, or a related field will be considered an advantage
- 2+ years prior experience in a Communications or Marketing and/or Digital Marketing role
- Exceptional writing skills both in Greek and English and ability to compose engaging and flawless written content in both languages
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Knowledgeable about best practices for managing social media accounts including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and other social media
- Profound understanding of communications, public relations and marketing practices
- Strong communicator who works well independently and within a team
- Outstanding time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication and dissemination efforts
- Resourceful and takes initiative even when given minimal direction
- Works well under pressure, meets deadlines and gives great attention to detail
- Knowledge of Photo/Video Editing-Creation so will be considered an advantage
Ethics and values – Acts consistently following clear ethics and values. Refuses to compromise ethical standards despite external pressure to do so and maintains confidentiality when appropriate. Honours commitments made to others. Considers community values when making business decisions and works toward making the organisation more environmentally responsible.
Resilience – Remains focused, productive, calm and objective, under pressure. Accepts criticisms without becoming defensive and maintains an optimistic outlook in the face of challenges. Moves on quickly from setbacks or criticism. Adapts rapidly to changing circumstances and demonstrates acceptance of ambiguity in the work environment.
Collaboration – Treats others with courtesy, politeness, and respect. Puts the team’s goals above personal goals and encourages harmony and cooperation when working in a team. Seeks and respects diverse viewpoints and understands how own work links to work in other departments.
Writing and communicating – Quickly understands the information presented in written passages. Structures documents in a logical way and writes in a clear and succinct manner. Uses correct spelling and grammar in writing and speaks clearly and fluently. Identifies the important information in others’ spoken communication.
Critical Thinking – Arranges information in a certain order according to a set of rules. Pinpoints key information from a large amount of data. Evaluates information and identifies key issues. Probes information and assumptions to establish facts and makes rational judgments after considering all the available information. Produces workable solutions that meet the demands of the situation.
Dependability and reliability – Complies with organisational policies, procedures and regulations. Completes tasks on time and delivers high-quality work. Encourages close attention to quality even at a very detailed level. Organizes work in a methodical way.
Achieving – Enthusiastically tackles demanding goals. Accepts ambitious targets for self and seeks new tasks to keep busy. Works independently without the need for constant guidance.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- 13th Salary
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Extensive learning opportunities
- Purpose-driven organisation
- A culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send their full CV in English, accompanied by a single-page cover letter by email at email@example.com stating the reference number BDU2022_1, no later than the 5th of October 2022.
Only applications that fulfill the above criteria will be considered. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please contact us at +357 24506122 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org