The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI), based in Larnaca, is seeking to recruit on a fixed-term contract basis a qualified applicant for the position of Management System & Compliance Support Officer (MSCSO).
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI) is a Centre of Excellence for marine and maritime research, innovation and technology development and has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and matching funding from the Government of the Republic of Cyprus.
The MSCSO will support the Management System and Compliance Function of CMMI by preparing, reviewing and registering policies, procedures and other compliance-related documents. The MSCSO will also be involved in tasks/ projects related to specific ISO Standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 45001), GDPR/ Data Privacy, Health and Safety and Quality Assurance, among other. Additionally, the MSCSO will also coordinate with all Units and Centres of the Institute and be responsible for various compliance-related administrative tasks/ projects. The MSCSO will be expected to be fluent in English and Greek, verbal and written language, have advanced problem-solving and time management skills and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
More specifically, the successful candidate will:
- Assist with drafting, reviewing and recording policies, procedures, forms and work instructions as part of CMMI’s Management System;
- Prepare relevant compliance-related documents and texts, such as reports, plans, assessments and clauses in agreements.
- Be involved in tasks/ projects related to quality assurance as well as tasks/ projects that aim to ensure compliance with the requirements of specific ISO Standards;
- Be involved in tasks/ projects that aim to ensure compliance with various laws and regulations related to health and safety, data privacy and procurement among other;
- Communicate with CMMI’s Units and Centres on compliance-related issues and coordinate with them when necessary;
- Coordinate and manage compliance-related activities such as audits, as well as relevant training courses and meetings. This includes the organisation of meetings, preparation of meeting agendas and recording minutes of meetings when requested;
- Provide guidance and support to staff members concerning compliance-related matters;
- Train staff members on compliance-related matters e.g., compliance with laws and regulations applicable to CMMI;
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include other compliance-related matters or other support needed by CMMI’s Units and Centres.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Management or Law, or a related field
- Exceptional writing skills in English and Greek, for content writing
- Good presentation skills in English and Greek
- Strong organisational skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Relevant experience will be considered an advantage
Ethics and values – Act consistently in accordance with clear ethics and values. Refuses to compromise ethical standards despite external pressure to do so and maintains confidentiality when appropriate. Honours commitments made to others. Considers community values when making business decisions and works toward making the organisation more environmentally responsible.
Resilience – Remains focused, productive, calm and objective, under pressure. Accepts criticisms without becoming defensive and maintains an optimistic outlook in the face of challenges. Moves on quickly from setbacks or criticism. Adapts rapidly to changing circumstances and demonstrates acceptance of ambiguity in the work environment.
Collaboration – Treats others with courtesy, politeness, and respect. Puts the team’s goals above personal goals and encourages harmony and cooperation when working in a team. Seeks and respects diverse viewpoints and understands how own work links to work in other departments.
Writing and communicating – Quickly understands information presented in written passages. Structures documents in a logical way and writes in a clear and succinct manner. Uses correct spelling and grammar in writing and speaks clearly and fluently. Identifies the important information in others’ spoken communication.
Critical Thinking – Arranges information in a certain order according to a set of rules. Pinpoints key information from a large amount of data. Evaluates information and identifies key issues. Probes information and assumptions to establish facts and makes rational judgments after considering all the available information. Produces workable solutions that meet the demands of the situation.
Dependability and reliability – Complies with organisational policies, procedures, and regulations. Completes tasks on time and delivers high quality work. Encourages close attention to quality even at a very detailed level. Organizes work in a methodical way.
Achieving – Enthusiastically tackles demanding goals. Accepts ambitious targets for self and seeks new tasks to keep busy. Works independently without the need for constant guidance.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- 13th Salary
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Extensive learning opportunities
- Purpose-driven organisation
- A culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send their full CV in English by email at email@example.com stating the reference number MSC2022_1, no later than 14th of October 2022.
Only applications that fulfil the above criteria will be considered. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please contact us at +357 24506122 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org