Operator & Port Fixture Officer is vital and part of the backbone of the transportation arm of the Company that is based in Limassol/Cyprus, dealing with many different tasks, such as but not limited to:
- Daily monitoring of vessel's operations, (round the clock basis) with both performance and CPcompliance matters.
- Reviewing the recap and issuing voyage instructions to the managed fleet. Issuance of LOIs, appointing agents at loading and discharging ports, surveyors for hire/bunkers survey, weather routing companies, armed guards arrangement, follow up of and keeping an eye on bunkering ops to avoid delays etc.
- Planning and coordinating vessels' voyages ensuring that post-fixture is in line with charter party terms, voyage orders, etc.
- Monitoring/follow-up of daily performance, both at sea and at port when conducting cargo operation.
- Assuming full responsibility for the daily operation of the assigned fleet from the outset to completion of each fixture. Daily attention of the vessels progress and status.
- Bunkers calculations and purchase.
- Communicating with third parties such as agents, brokers, charterers, surveyors, suppliers and masters.
- Updating departments and common folders/system of the company for vessels schedule/prospects etc.
- Experience in Operations/post fixture and commercial position.
- Sea-going experience is desirable.
- Academic qualifications in shipping-related field are desirable.
- Hardworking, eager to commit, gain and utilize shipping knowledge/understanding - decisive to go the extra mile. Expected to take over responsibilities and duties and handle vessels asap. Support, guidance, and mentoring are more than just available.
- Required: Fluency in English, both in writing and orally.
- Good computer skills: Word, Excell, internal filing system to be learned.
- Prerequisite: Team effort spirit - trust, accountability, soft skills, and understanding that everyday is a day to test your ambition and learn something more.
Remuneration: It does not depend only on experience or knowledge.
For those challenged, pls send your CV along with a cover letter to the following email address: