MCTC Marine Ltd specializes in maritime catering management and training consultancy. Due to continued strong growth, an opportunity has arisen for Purchasing Officers to join the MCTC team and play an important role in the company's expansion plan.
As a Purchasing Officer, you'll be responsible for:
- Ensuring that QMS and associated procedures are implemented in your department.
- Informing the Fleet Supervisor or Purchasing Consultant about, and handling complaints, non-conformities and discrepancies effectively between vessels and suppliers.
- Following and adhering to the predetermined communication and reporting lines.
- Ensuring that proper records are kept.
- Reviewing the vessels Requisition.
- Sending out inquiries for quotations to various approved Suppliers.
- Issuing enquiries, analyzing quotations for submission to Fleet Supervisor or Purchasing Consultant, placing orders and subsequently arranging safe and most economical delivery of requested items to respective vessels, at the most convenient ports.
- Evaluating offers received from various suppliers based on:
Their performance and the Approved List of Suppliers / Subcontractors
- Make comparison tables for approval by the Fleet Supervisor or Purchasing Consultant and FleetSupervisor (Catering Manager).
- Notifying the vessel and the agent.
- Arranging transportation of the ordered catering provisions and other consumables.
- Checking the related invoices for payment.
- Keeping track of collection of ready orders by local forwarders.
- Processing forwarding inquiries to various forwarders or agents, investigating cost, and transit/clearance time at various ports.
- Checking all shipping documents and keeping track of arrival dates in the destination port.
- Securing that shipments have arrived on time to destination.
- Investigating launch costs in various ports.
What we are looking for:
- College or university graduate
- Computer literacy; excellent knowledge of MS Office applications
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
- Previous Work Experience and/or Education in Culinary Arts, Nutrition or Food Technology are seen as an advantage.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 13th salary upon successful completion of the probation period
- Home-office and flexible working arrangements upon completion of the training period
- Amazing opportunities for career progression
- Ongoing training and career development
- An informal and modern working environment with fantastic working conditions
- A fast-growing and vibrant company
- Friendly, fun and highly skilled co-workers from around the world
- Outings and team-building activities every quarter
Send your CV to:
CVs should be submitted in English