About the job
With offices in 12 countries, over 1,000 shore-based staff and 24,000 active seafarers, the Marlow Group is a dynamic and trusted name in the global shipping industry.
As a company with a long-standing reputation, Marlow is fully committed to modernisation in shipping, responsive to new digital technologies and innovation, environmental best practices and the continued training and development of our people, both at sea and ashore.
For our Group’s Head Office in Limassol, Cyprus, we are seeking to recruit an Environmental Officer.
- Creating the MRV monitoring plans and DCS SEEMP Part II for the fleet
- Submission of emission reports to EU/IMO for the issuance of the relevant DoCs and Socs for the fleet
- Guiding the software developers in the creation and development of a Fleet Operations Centre / control room
- Analysing downtime/off hire events in the fleet and providing recommendations to the operations and to the fleet management teams
- Supporting the software developers in the creation and development of a Fleet Operations Centre / control room
- Monitoring of fleet technical and operations KPIs
- Responsible for the development, testing and maintenance of the Marlow Reporting System (MARS)
- Provide fleet support regarding reporting through MARS
- In conjunction with the MARS system, ensure that MRV and DCS fleet reporting is correct and auditable, and
- Provide recommendations and ideas that promote the optimisation of a voyage.
In addition, also dealing with the following:
- EEXI / CII and in general all the upcoming environmental regulations
- Quarterly vessels reporting to owners and in general fleet reporting (on demand)
- ESG (in connection to the environmental obligations of Marlow)
- Data analysis on demand or prepare the data on request for TSIs for analysis, and
- Responsible for the digitalisation of the technical department.
Job Entry Requirements
- Senior Mariner/Engineer Position or a degree in a marine-related subject from a recognised Maritime University or equivalent.
- Seagoing experience in the above ranks or similar management experience at a Maritime Establishment in a similar position of not less than three years.
Special pre-entry competency requirements:
- Good command of the English language
- Strong knowledge of Excel and analytics / BI tools
- Good reporting skills
- Commitment to work at irregular hours and to travel overseas if required
HOW TO APPLY
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a stable, reputable, and growing company, and be part of an industry with a long and rich history, currently going through a major transformation.
Candidates are invited to apply with their full CV directly here on LinkedIn or with their full CV via our website, mentioning the position title in the relevant field at the following link:
Marlow is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Join the team!
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE TREATED IN STRICT CONFIDENCE