Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor and follow up all purchasing orders of the vessels.
• Liaise and maintain relations with the staff of the Technical Department to obtain the requirements for the supplies of each vessel.
• Check frequently for Vessel requisitions and take appropriate steps when urgent requisitions are received.
• Check frequently for outstanding orders and pending offers from suppliers.
• Checking, approving, and processing invoices from suppliers.
• Liaise with suppliers, agents, vessels, and forwarders for the efficient supply of the vessels.
The Procurement Officer is directly accountable to the Procurement Manager or their backup during their absence.
• Purchasing experience.
• Good command of the English language.
• Communication skills.
• Good knowledge of word processing software and spreadsheets.
• General knowledge of the shipping industry.
• General knowledge of equipment and installations of ships.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources Manager, quoting the job title and its number.
Deadline for submitting applications: 4th November 2022.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.