Fleet Management Limited has a 27-year journey that rides on the passion of over 24,000 seafarers and 1,000 onshore professionals. Today, they are one of the largest independent third-party ship management companies managing over 600 diverse types of vessels.
Headquartered in Hong Kong SAR, China, they operate on a global scale having 27 offices in 12 countries. Client base spans over 100 world-class ship owners, including Fortune 500 companies from China, Greece, India, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, Norway, Turkey and the USA, among others.
In a shore career at FLEET, you will be working with a team of highly passionate, self-driven and committed group of people. They aim to be a place where you can achieve your full potential, regardless of your background. They are looking for individuals who are ambitious about making a strong contribution to FLEET’s short and long-term sustainable growth – whether you are dealing directly with clients or working in a role supporting the business, such as technology, legal or communications.
Job Position Summary
The Technical Superintendent for passenger ship will actively lead an on-shore and off-shore team to deliver high-quality, innovative, sustainable solutions to the customer with complete responsibility for safe and cost-effective management of the vessels assigned.
Technical Management / Operations
- Accountable for cruise vessel inspection and ensure the ships condition and maintenance standards adhere to organisation procedures
- Ensure all maintenance is performed to a high standard and as per manufacturer’s recommendations
- Prepare specifications and evaluate tenders
- Supervise daily operational activities of all assigned vessels
- Advise Line Manager on a regular basis about vessel operation, budgetary performance and any untoward incidents on vessels in the fleet
- Liaise with the Procurement Department related to supply of spare parts of all vessels, considering the opportunities for replenishment in respect to the trading commitments of the vessels to provide for the most economical supply
- Responsible for communication, promotion and implementation of company's health, safety, environment and quality policy on board the vessels related to technical
- Drives all technical-related mobilization activities, refits, dry-docking & major repairs. Plan for repairs and dry-docking of the vessels at suitable regular intervals
Regulatory/Legislative Statutory Compliance
- 100% compliance with International Maritime Organisation (IMO), Flag State and Port State rules and regulations
- Maintenance of ship certificate and survey status at all times keeping track of renewals and placement on board vessels.
- Maintain, monitor and report budgets for all vessels under charge. Work closely with Technical staff, purchasing and finance controllers to ensure budget is within the agreed variables/targets *(current target 3% variance)
- Support reporting manager to plan “Operating Budget” for all vessels under charge.
- Responsible for planning and execution of all dry-docking activities within the allotted budget limits
Quality & Continuous Improvement
- Scan the environment and recommend improvement in processes to enhance productivity an efficiency in the system
- Drive implementation of approved ‘Continuous Improvement’ projects in collaboration with the Quality team
- Establish clear expected levels of performance from crew and work with manager on updating the SOP’s.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of the Safety & QMS policies & procedures and ensures that the on-shore and off-shore employees operate at the same level of understanding and awareness
Health, Safety and Environment Compliance
- Responsible for creating and sustaining a positive safety culture on-board all vessels under charge
- Act as a first point of contact for any emergencies aboard vessels under charge. Ensure a technically qualified representative is available and responds to emergencies within the agreed time limit
- Ensures a safe & compliant working environment is provided to all off-shore employees by demonstrating a complete and accurate understanding of the health & safety policies and practices of the organisation
- Responsible for corrective action being implemented to remedy safety hazards or risks and restore a safe working environment on board vessels. Escalate to Manager in the event of the hazards/risks exceeding authority limits provided in the role
- Owns and responsible for delivery of safety messages/training to off-shore employees during site or vessel visits
People and Leadership Management
- Articulates clear and specific goals for employees on board vessels under charge
- Lead, coach, engage, motivate, mentor employees to develop their strengths and build their capabilities as per their defined roles and personal goals
- Ensure development plans are in place for all offshore team members and it is followed up closely to ensure completion
- Responsible for continuous performance discussions with direct reports to drive learning and self-improvement
- Manage and maintain the talent pool by engaging top performers and taking definitive action on bottom performers
- Passenger ship experience is a must - sailing experience or as superintendent
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma or equivalent in Marine Engineering/ Navigation/Internationally recognized shipping degree/qualification
- Hold MEO Class 1 Certificate of competency or Certificate of Competency II/2 (for Master/Chief Officer) or Certificate of Competency III/2 (for Chief Engineer/Second Engineer) under STCW Code
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience as Chief Engineer/Second Engineer or Master/Chief Officer on Dry/Tanker/Gas in Dry Cargo. Of this a minimum sailing experience of 6 months as Chief Engineer/Master (12 months is desirable)
- Proficient in speaking and writing English is a must
- Knowledge in Classifications Society procedures and regulations is desirable.
- Should have prior people management experience
- Proven track record in intermediate and special dry dockings, ship repair, mobilizations and in-water repairs
- Demonstrated Commercial acumen and ability to manage vessel financials within scope as well as satisfy client’s requirements
- IT literate and computer savvy
- Business Administration qualification will be an added advantage
- Analysis & problem solving
- Collaboration, inclusion & teamwork
- Listening and communicating
- Customer focus
- Planning & organising
- Resilience and wellbeing
- Bonus Scheme
- Competitive Salary package
- 13th Salary
- Medical – Family Coverage (100% employer contribution)
- Pension Fund
- Nicosia, Cyprus
Fleet Management Limited is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by local laws.
TO APPLY for this job opportunity, please click Apply to submit your updated CV on Linkedin with availability and expected salary.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.