With offices in 12 countries, over 1,000 shore-based staff and 24,000 active seafarers, Marlow Navigation is a leading and trusted name in the global shipping industry. Our Group manages a diverse fleet of vessels via ship management offices in Limassol, Hamburg, Rhoon/Rotterdam and Mumbai, together with a worldwide network of fully owned crewing agencies and dedicated training centres.
Due to growth and to strengthen our team, we are seeking a Technical Superintendent for our Head Quarters in Limassol, Cyprus.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a stable, well-respected, and dynamic company.
Your Key Responsibilities & Functions:
- Responsible for daily Technical management of assigned vessel(s);
- Implementing and maintaining a safe, cost-efficient and environmentally sound operation standard in compliance with the Company’s Quality Management System and ISO requirements and procedures;
- Ensure safety and environmental obligations is top priority in all vessel operations; together with timely and sufficient support to vessels on all operational and technical matters; advising Masters/ Chief Engineers, Ship staff and company management on all technical matters;
- Visiting vessels to conduct shipboard Technical inspections and preparing relevant reports;
- Ensure compliance with all relevant international, port state and local maritime regulations and that all vessel certification and surveys for classification society, flag state, IMO and international requirements are maintained;
- Assist in coordinating, arranging and timely follow up Flag State Inspections, port state inspections, external & internal ISM, ISPS, MLC audits as required;
- Responsible for the planning, coordination and supervision of vessel maintenance, repairs and modifications/conversions and project preparations;
- Engaged in operating budgets for assigned vessels, repair budgets and cost control, together with reporting; and
- Updating the Department’s KPIs.
Requirements / Your Profile:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture or equivalent, or a Chief Engineer’s qualification;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Technical Superintendent for a ship management / ship-owning company;
- Very good command of the English language;
- Good knowledge of Classification Rules and Statutory Regulations;
- Ability to work independently, as well as communicate and collaborate well with teams ashore, as well as with crew.
Life at Marlow / Benefits
The successful applicant will be offered an attractive remuneration package, based on qualifications and experience, plus excellent working conditions, including a range of employee benefits:
- Flexible working hours, with emphasis on company/team alignment
- Open and down-to-earth working culture at its core
- Regular social, community and team-building events
- Subsidised lunch with on-site catered F&B facilities
- Pension scheme
- Medical insurance
- 13th and 14th salary
- Parking space available for all employees
- Staff discount card with attractive offers at local establishments.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are requested to apply directly here on LinkedIn or with their full CV via our website, mentioning the position title in the relevant field at the below link. Please note, only those eligible to work in the EU/Cyprus will be considered.
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE TREATED IN STRICT CONFIDENCE
Marlow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.