The Operations department is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the ships, ensuring that each voyage of every vessel is performed safely and efficiently and that all operations are carried out in an expedient, professional and commercially justified manner in compliance with the Company’s policy, charterers’ requirements and international regulations.
You are smart, analytical and sometimes creative. You are a good listener and have the ability to advise and convince your stakeholders. In addition, you have the right sensitivity so that you always know how to inform or convince stakeholders in the right way.
This role will oversee the operational activities of part of our fleet in communicating with the vessels, port agents, charterers, our technical organization and more people involved in shipping.
Responsibilities: Communicating with Charterers and all third parties involved with the ship operations
- Sending voyage instructions to the vessel.
- Optimizing the voyage with regard to speed/arrival times and bunker consumption.
- Seeking best prices/ports for bunkers, placing bunker orders and notifying vsl/agents.
- Compare budget vs actual voyage result.
- Daily review of information received in the operational voyage management system.
- Nominating agents at ports.
- Acquire Proforma Disbursement Account (PDA) from agents and follow the process until the Final Disbursement Account (FDA) is completed in collaboration with a 3rd party handling our port expenses (Da-Desk).
- Writing the Charter party (CP) if no broker is involved.
- Keeping close contact and coordinating with Charterers and all third parties involved with the vessels.
- Provide the charterers with the relevant documents related to the commercial process and follow up on any disputes/outstanding payments.
- Optimizing the voyage with regard to speed/arrival times and bunker consumption
SMT Shipping is the client’s choice for full-service logistics solutions in bulk and break bulk maritime transport. Since its founding in 1990, SMT Shipping has provided reliable handling of cargo through self-loading/discharging bulk carriers, pneumatic cement carriers, and trans-shippers. SMT Shipping’s presence spans across nine countries in Europe, Africa, and the Americas
Preferred Knowledge / Skills
- Previous experience in operations, chartering or similar position preferred (2-3 years)
- BSc or MSc degree in Shipping (or holder of shipping-related qualifications) or business
- Good knowledge of English language. Greek (CY) is a plus
- Great team player (also outside our own team)
- Ability to work with less pre-determined or predictable guidelines and different deadlines
- Analytical thinking & Attention to detail
What is offered
We offer to be part of a team of international Operations-professionals in a winning multi-national shipping company that continuously positions itself for the future, by becoming more data-driven, digitalized and ESG-conscious while keeping the core craftsmanship that brought us success in the first place. Besides the standard salary, we offer a 13th month of salary, Provident fund and medical insurance.
Apply via Linkedin below: