To strengthen their Columbia Cruise Services team in Limassol they are looking for an experienced and creative Technical Purchasing Specialist to join their team. They value diversity and welcome applications irrespective of age, gender, disability, racial, ethnic, or social origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation, or identity.
- Processing the requisitions timely received from the Vessel via the onboard Purchasing system.
- Checking if requisitions are prepared properly and all information is included. If negative, the vessel is responsible to review the requisition and make the amendments.
- Obtaining quotations based on defined specifications and ensuring comparison with at least three suppliers is in place, unless it is related to contracted suppliers where only one offer can be accepted.
- Checking the offers as per the availability, suitability and pricing. If an alternative product is offered, to verify with the vessel prior in order to ensure to avoid any wrong deliveries.
- Placing purchase orders on a timely basis and in a cost-efficient way. Ensuring the Suppliers’ confirmation is received after the PO is issued.
- Coordinating the deliveries of requested supplies on board or to warehouses by communicating with suppliers, forwarders and port agents.
- Arranging service attendance on board by checking for cabin availability, arranging transportation, accommodation as well as access to the ship.
- Reviewing the online stock reports on a weekly basis if the orders arrived at the warehouse premises and responsible to update AMOS accordingly with the delivery dates.
- Following up on orders to ensure that supplies are fully delivered on time on board. Partial Deliveries and delays must be communicated to the vessel’s crew with updated delivery information.
- Landing of wrong-delivered spares in coordination with Technical storekeeper and local agents.
- Verifying and processing of invoices, resolution of discrepancies and claim handling with suppliers
- Cost controlling on-site during Dry Dock; maintaining cost control system and preparing budget performance reports.
- Preparing of the Expected Cost/Accrual Report on a monthly basis and ensuring proper follow-up with the vessel and suppliers about the deliveries.
- Uploading the Certificates and Monthly Reports in the Document Management System.
- Arranging Mail by DHL courier to the vessels -Logbooks/Certificates.
- Professional education and/or University degree in Shipping or Purchasing & Logistics Management or a relevant field;
- Proven work experience in Shipping or general Purchasing and Supply Management sector;
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Package;
- Good command of the English language;
- Good communication skills as well as the ability to work within a team.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to (state the Job you are applying to):