Flagship Management is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Marine Superintendent to join their team in Cyprus. As the Marine Superintendent, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the day-to-day operations of our dry bulk vessels, ensuring they operate safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Reviews and is up-to-date with the developments in maritime risk and loss prevention, in order to identify and propose improvements and advanced nautical solutions to maximize asset protection and increase the safety, security and commercial effectiveness and voyage efficiency of assigned vessels.
- Examines the commercial agreements, charter parties and voyage orders of the assigned vessels and identifies the obligations of the company and the vessel’s Master concerning the nautical and commercial services, in order to provide all marine support required for the efficient and economic operation of vessels.
- Monitors the effective operation of the navigational and cargo equipment of the assigned vessels, identifying potential discrepancies from operational standards and proposes and/or implements solutions that will enhance the efficiency, performance and safety of the vessels.
- Monitors that all assigned vessels possess the required statutory certification for safe operation in accordance with Class, Port State Control and Flag State requirements, maritime legislation, safety regulations and operational standards of both the company and vessels owners.
- Oversees and monitors the overall nautical and commercial operation of the assigned vessels, ensures the timely and accurate completion of voyage planning and cargo loading, carriage and discharging activities, in order to support the commercial effectiveness of vessels and increase customer’s satisfaction and commitment. Identifies elevated risk conditions and circumstances in a timely manner and provides support and guidance to Technical Superintendents and Masters to adequately mitigate such risks.
- Executes the programmed and ad-hoc internal and external inspections on assigned vessels, in order to identify areas of nautical or commercial concern and proposes and/or implements solutions that will support the operational efficiency of the fleet and the quality of the provided services. Following these marine inspections prepares and submits analytical reporting to the Fleet Manager in order to enable the implementation of the corrective actions.
- Monitors and assesses the navigation and communication equipment needs of each vessel and accordingly provides advice to the Technical Superintendent. Supports the evaluation of relevant bids and participates in the development of contracts that meet the standards of the company and cover client needs in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
- Reviews the performance appraisals developed for senior officers onboard, provide feedback and propose amendments so as to safeguard their fair evaluation and support their proper career development.
Education & Qualifications:
- Master Mariner’s qualification
- B.S. degree in Nautical Science or equivalent
- Sea time as Master or Chief Officer on dry bulk vessels is essential.
- Previous shore-based experience as Assistant / Marine Superintendent with a SHIPOWNING company is a minimum requirement.
Living and working in Cyprus offers many advantages, not least the weather and convenient location for international travel, but also the low cost of living and low-income tax relative to many other EU countries. Schooling in English is also abundant. In return for the above responsibilities, you can expect an excellent salary and benefits.
Apply via LinkedIn by clicking below: