|Due to strong continued growth, an opportunity has arisen for Purchasing Officer Assistants - with English and Chinese or Korean language speakers to join the MCTC team and play an important role in the company's expansion plan.|
As a Purchasing Officer Assistant, you‘ll be responsible for:
• Informing the Fleet Supervisor about, and handling complaints, non-conformities and discrepancies effectively between vessels and suppliers.
• Reviewing the vessels' Requisitions.
• Sending out inquiries for quotations to various approved Suppliers.
• Issuing inquiries, analyzing quotations for submission to Fleet Supervisor, placing orders and subsequently arranging safe and most economical delivery of requested items to respective vessels, at the most convenient ports.
• Evaluating offers received from various suppliers based on their performance and the Approved List of Suppliers / Subcontractors, price, quality, payment terms and previous cooperation.
• Arranging transportation of the ordered catering provisions and other consumables.
• Checking the related invoices for payment.
• Preparing supplier comparison reports, supplier benchmarking and recording supplier performances.
• Preparing customer review reports.
• Assisting in the monthly closing inventories process and making sure that the vessels' catering accounts are updated correctly.
• Other duties as assigned
• College or university graduate
• Computer literacy; excellent knowledge of MS Office applications
• Excellent command of the English language (written and verbal)
• Excellent command of Chinese, or Korean language (written and verbal)
• Good communication skills
• Willingness to work outside of normal working hours
• Previous Work Experience and/or Education in Culinary Arts, Nutrition, Food Technology or Maritime Studies will be seen as an advantage.
What we offer:
• Competitive salary
• 13th salary upon successful completion of the 6 months probation period
• Performance Based Bonus
• Home-office and flexible working arrangements upon completion of the training period
• Amazing opportunities for career progression
• A modern working environment with fantastic working conditions
• A fast-growing and vibrant company
• Outings and team-building activities every quarter
• Continuous training and development
• Friendly, fun and highly skilled coworkers from around the world
CVs should be submitted in English.
Vacancy: Purchasing Officer Assistants, MCTC Marine Ltd, Limassol, Cyprus