Due to their expanding fleet Columbia Shipmanagement is looking for a motivated Technical Superintendent to join their team. Columbia values diversity and welcome applications irrespective of age, gender, disability, racial, ethnic, or social origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation, or identity.
The Technical Superintendent shall fulfill the following requirements:
- A marine degree from a university, with a minimum of three (3) years experience onboard ships or in the shipping industry, or holding a Chiefs Engineer’s license with a minimum of two (2) years sea service as a Chief Engineer, or having been in a position of Technical Superintendent with another shipping company for a minimum of two years.
- Good leadership, controlling and communication skills as well as the ability to work within a team;
- Good command of the English language;
- Good knowledge of the marine industry and applicable Rules and Regulations;
- Good technical knowledge of the vessels assigned to him;
- Knowledge about purchasing and budget cost control.
The Technical Superintendent shall be responsible for:
- Ensuring the safe and economic operation of ships allocated to him;
- Being fully conversant with the Company’s Management System;
- Implementing effectively the Company’s Management System;
- Contributing to the development of new or the amendment of existing procedures;
- Promoting and supporting efforts for continual improvement;
- Monitoring compliance with the Company’s Management System relevant to the shipboard and departmental activities;
- Monitoring performance, technical and operational conditions of ships allocated to him;
- Ensuring prudent financial management;
- Arranging for repairs and dry dockings;
- Ensuring that the ships are fully certified according to international standards and requirements;
- Ensuring that the ships are appropriately manned;
- Preparing technical reports to owners in compliance with the management agreement;
- Encouraging and developing a strong safety culture and environmental & energy awareness on board ships assigned to him;
- Providing support to the shipboard management in respect of technical and operational matters.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to (state the Job you are applying to):