The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI), invites applications for the recruitment of qualified applicants for the Educational Content Developer position at the Maritime Human Element Centre (MHEC) of CMMI, situated in Cyprus. The employment period is a fixed term one-year contract, with the possibility of renewal.
Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute:
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI) is a non-profit, research, innovation and technology development organisation established in Cyprus, supported by EU funds via the Teaming program, as well as the Government of Cyprus and established industry stakeholders. The CMMI pulls together expertise from local universities, industry, and international partners.
The Educational Content Developer will be responsible for creating educational content, specifically, for designing learning activity sequences, projects for project-based learning, training programmes for vocational education and training programmes for lifelong learning, which will be based on the scientific output of all CMMI Centres and concluded or ongoing research projects where CMMI participates. The Educational Content Developer should be able to deliver content for both formal and non-formal STEM learning environments with a concentration on ocean literacy, as well as content for vocational education and training programmes.
The successful applicant will be able to support Our Sea and Blue Cove missions. Within the frame of Our Sea, CMMI plans and implements local and national actions and initiatives focusing predominantly on formal and non-formal education in collaboration with (Deputy) Ministries and Governmental Departments, Municipalities, Developmental Companies and Chambers of Commerce, Universities, Civil Society Organizations as well as industry partners. Our Sea missions promote ocean literacy among several targeted groups and societal actors, especially students from preschool to higher education. Blue Cove concentrates on vocational education and training programmes aimed to promote skills indispensable for the twin transition in the Blue Economy, namely, decarbonisation and digitalisation. These programmes will be developed based on comprehensive stakeholder input and they will be accredited by the Human Resource Development Authority of Cyprus and offered to selected target groups of learners for fostering the skilling, reskilling, and upskilling of the workforce.
- Bachelor’s degree from a higher education institute in Education/Education Studies;
- Master’s in science education, or STEM Education or environmental education
- A PhD in the same fields will be considered an advantage
- Experience in implementing EU-funded projects focused on Science Education or STEM Education or Environmental Education, especially in pedagogical design or implementation and assessment or curriculum mapping and analysis or computer-supported/web-based learning environments will be considered a strong advantage;
- A very good mastery of the English language needs to be documented.
- Qualifications or experience in ocean literacy will be considered a strong advantage.
- Strong analytical and integrative thinking
- Strong organisational and teamwork skills
- Strong written, oral, graphical, and digital presentation skills
- Ability to interact with governmental, industrial, and other external organisations to build productive relationships
- Ability to work under pressure, delegate and plan personal workload effectively
- Ability to solve problems creatively.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- 13th Salary
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Extensive learning opportunities
- Purpose-driven organisation
- A culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for whom they are and empowered to succeed
How to apply:
On a rolling basis, applications will be evaluated immediately. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Copies of degree certificates
Only applications that fulfil the above criteria will be considered. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or disability. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Please refer to our privacy notice in Privacy Notice Potential Employees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please contact CMMI at +357 24506100 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org