The successful candidate will join the dynamic team of the Purchasing Department and will be responsible for the procurement of provisions, ship spares, stores, repairs and servicing to vessels calling Cypriot ports.
Overall Purpose of The Job:
- Supporting our local Ship handling services
- To receive requisition lists from vessels, process them and search the market for the requested items
- To gather the most competitive quotations from our vendors, compare them, evaluate and present the most attractive offer to the supervisor
- To provide vessels with the necessary price lists, spec sheets and supportive services in regard to our final offer
- To attend to the vessels swiftly and promptly with information or other supportive services that may be requested
- Τo receive the final order from the vessel and redirect the order to our vendors
- To prepare all the corresponding delivery notes
- To inform the Master and the nominated agent about the intended supply date and place
- To liaise with the operations department for a smooth and timely delivery
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To prepare quotations and purchase orders.
- To ensure prompt communication with the vessels.
- To communicate with all involved parties in order to ensure smooth delivery and timely services.
- To work closely with the operations department.
- To assist in the control of activities (as per company guidelines) in case of incidents or emergencies.
- A Maritime, Business or any other related sector Degree is required
- Previous experience in the maritime industry in the same or similar role
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office and Accounting systems
- Very good interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- The highest personal integrity standards, a positive outlook and be self-motivated to develop & succeed
- Good command of the English language both written and oral
- Ability to work under pressure
- Problem solving skills
What can I expect in return?
EAP Marine can offer you a market-leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development.
This is a great opportunity to join a company that has exciting plans for future growth.
An attractive package with benefits is offered to the successful candidate including 13th salary, bonuses, etc.
All applications will be treated as confidential.
If you feel that this position suits your profile, please submit your CV to: