SKULD is searching for a new Senior Claims Executive for their office in Piraeus.
You will be part of a world-leading marine insurance provider where service and competence is key. We believe in teamwork, sharing knowledge and supporting our customers. Serving the marine community can be challenging, but also very rewarding. Our purpose statement ‘Protecting ocean industries’ underlines our role in society and our commitment to customers, the global ocean industries and a sustainable development.
As a Senior Claims Executive in Skuld, you will have responsibility for your own case portfolio to follow up closely and be hands-on in very complex cases when claims occur.
In this position you will:
- Handle mainly FDD claims and cases (together with some P&I, as needed) for our Greek Members.
- Build strong relations with Members and brokers
- Promote Skuld in the market and participate in marketing efforts
- Contribute to a friendly, open, and trusting work environment
To thrive in your Skuld position you will face challenges with a positive mindset and dedication to your responsibilities. You enjoy working in teams, sharing knowledge and finding solutions for the benefit of our members, clients and brokers.
- Qualified English solicitor (preferably) with minimum 5-6 years relevant work experience from a law firm, P&I Club or the wider maritime industry
- Ability to lead work of high complexity and deep knowledge within several subject areas
- An interest in and understanding of the shipping industry
- Good communication and presentations skills – internally and externally – verbal and written
- Willing and able to embody our values (Accurate, Bold, Caring and Dedicated) in everything you do
If you want to be part of the ocean industry and a highly international environment, Skuld is the perfect place to be. In Skuld you will be close to the business, have hands on responsibilities and excellent possibilities for both personal and professional development. We focus on service and quality in everything we do and constantly develop our business to meet the future needs of shipowners, the offshore and energy sector, charterers and traders, and the superyacht community.
We offer competitive benefits, a social workplace and inspiring leaders in a team-oriented organisation of 300 highly skilled and engaged employees. We are proud to have a high focus on a sound work-life balance, empowerment, flexibility and trust.