Columbia is looking for an experienced Crewing Superintendent, the ideal candidate will be able to manage the planning, recruitment and crew changes for a fleet of vessels and will work closely with our manning agencies.
The Crewing Superintendent is responsible for:
- Reviewing and monitoring the safe manning of all vessels, based on minimum safe manning and special manning requirements in relation to age, trade, type and condition of the vessel as well as in compliance with the agreed vessel’s budget;
- Ensuring that all Seafarers are trained and qualified in full compliance with Company’s, STCW and Flag State requirements;
- Ensuring that all Seafarers have passed a medical examination performed by a qualified independent medical doctor and obtained a medical certificate before joining a vessel.
- Conducting crew changes in compliance with the Seafarers’ Employment Agreement
- Liaising with the vessel, owners and/or operators suitable date/port of crew change;
- Arranging and monitoring travel arrangements for Seafarers including visa requirements;
- Ensuring that Seafarer Employment Agreements are issued in compliance with MLC, Flag State and National requirements;
- Arranging suitable travel arrangements allowing sufficient time for handing over of duties and familiarization;
- Monitoring of crew performance including progress of any cadets and arranging follow-up where required;
- Implementing effectively the Company’s Management System;
- Liaising with all parties concerned in case of sickness and/or accidents;
- Ensuring that non-conformities, observations and customer complaints are investigated and timely followed-up.
- Seagoing experience as an officer, or a university degree and experience in the recruitment industry of not less than 2 years;
- Good command of the English language and strong interpersonal skills;
- Good controlling and communication skills.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to (state the Job you are applying to):