The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI), invites applications for the recruitment of qualified applicants for the Full-Stack Developer position at the Maritime Digitalisation Centre (MDigiC) of CMMI, situated in Cyprus. The employment period is a fixed term one-year contract, with the possibility of renewal.
Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute:
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI) is a non-profit, research, innovation and technology development organisation established in Cyprus, supported by EU funds via the Teaming program, as well as the Government of Cyprus and established industry stakeholders. The CMMI pulls together expertise from local universities and industry and international partners. MDigiC’s areas of interest include but are not restricted to, vessel performance optimisation, intelligent data acquisition, interpretation, and communication for informed decision support.
We seek to recruit visionary software engineers with the desire and ability to undertake a range of multidisciplinary projects that will support research work at the CMMI. At this early developmental stage of the CMMI, there is a great incentive to collaborate towards forging the direction of the Institute and to capitalise on partnerships with local and international CMMI partners. We seek software engineers who will be excited to explore a diverse range of topics and contribute to MDigiC’s growth.
The ideal candidate is a talented and experienced full-stack developer joining our team (MDigiC) and leading the development of cutting-edge software solutions. This is a unique opportunity for either a software engineer looking to delve deeper into innovative solutions (e.g. blockchain-based technologies) or a blockchain engineer looking to lead exciting projects and help shape the future of this technology.
Successful candidates will contribute to CMMI projects, assist in the preparation of reports and deliverables, contribute to scientific reports, and develop software tools. Successful candidates are expected to have skills within the field of Computer Science. Exceptional candidates with a large interest in software engineering and full-stack development will also be considered.
- Design and implement highly scalable, robust, and secure software solutions
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and launch new features
- Take ownership of the software development lifecycle, from ideation to deployment
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and make recommendations on adoption where appropriate
(A) Must Have
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design patterns
- Experience with modern web development frameworks (e.g., React, Angular, Vue, WebComponents)
- Good understanding of database design and management in SQL or NoSQL (e.g., MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Strong understanding of test-driven development and continuous integration/continuous deployment
- Experience or great interest in blockchain-based solutions
(B) Good to Have
- Proven experience as a full-stack developer
- Experience leading software development teams
- A strong portfolio of previous work and contributions to open-source projects
- Understanding of security and encryption in the context of blockchain technology
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Strong analytical and integrative thinking
- Strong organisational and teamwork skills
- Strong written and oral, graphical, and digital presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure, delegate and plan personal workload effectively
- Ability to solve problems creatively.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- 13th Salary
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Extensive learning opportunities
- Purpose-driven organisation
- A culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for whom they are and empowered to succeed
This is a chance to take on a challenging and impactful role, while also growing your professional skills and expertise. If you are a self-motivated, driven, and dedicated engineer, we would love to hear from you.
How to apply:
If you believe that you have the above qualifications, and this opening sounds challenging apply via below link. Interested candidates are requested to apply, no later than the 1st of April 2023.
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Copies of degree certificates
Only applications that fulfil the above criteria will be considered. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or disability. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please contact us at +357 24506100 or by email at email@example.com