Uniteam Marine is an international ship management organization that provides industry-leading services to ship owners and ship managers across a wide range of countries and jurisdictions. With immediate effect, we are looking for a Head of QSE to be based at our office in Limassol, Cyprus.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that the QSE Function has in place the appropriate internal controls, processes and systems in line with organizational policies, to ensure the efficient and effective performance of its activities.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of QSE Function policies and procedures.
- Establishes and monitors key performance indicators for the QSE Function through the analysis of statistical reports and the follow-up and monitoring of relevant feedback.
- Responsible for briefing/de-briefing of Senior Officers during office attendance on company’s Management System (MS) implementation on board, Security implementation on board, Master’s review, company’s awards and motivation, company targets, and KPIs.
- Responsible for QSE-related KPIs monitoring on an annual basis.
- Accountable for achieving the objectives and measurable targets set for the function.
- Prepares and implements the Function’s part of the company’s Business Plan and budgets.
- Able to assume the roles of the Designated Person Ashore (DPA) and Company Security Officer (CSO)
- Overall responsibility for the effective and cost-efficient performance of QSE Function activities in all countries of operation, among others include ensuring the correct distribution and up-keep of the Quality, Safety and Environmental Protection system (QSE System) and acting as a contact point for any QSE system issue, coordinating necessary corrective action and follow up.
- Possesses good awareness of relevant legislation and international regulations impacting the QSE Function and ensures compliance with such requirements.
- Ensures that the requirements of relevant international codes and standards (e.g. ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 ISM Code) are implemented and maintained.
- Manages the audit program of the QSE System and provides summaries of findings and effectiveness of the system to Management review meetings.
- Maintains effective relationships with regulatory and enforcement bodies as well as representative industry bodies and organizations, advising the Managing Director of the company as appropriate.
- University degree or similar qualification in Business Management / Shipping or related fields.
- Certified ISM, ISPS, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 Auditor.
- 2 years of experience in a similar position or 5 years of experience as a senior officer onboard.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable codes, guidelines and standards, particularly ISM and ISPS Code.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and communication (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Availability to travel within short notice.
- Attractive remuneration package
- 13th salary & Birthday bonus
- Provident fund
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working model
- Employee discount card scheme
- Corporate events