Ethos Shipmanagement is a Ship Management Company, based in Limassol Cyprus obsessed in detail and service by conducting business in an ethical way. Together with our background in shipping, above elements result in the Organisation’s simple, sole purpose – to provide high-quality shipmanagement services and empower our customers to achieve a competitive advantage in accomplishing their sustainability goals.
We have been there, hence we have the expertise backed up with years of experience to meet these needs. If you too believe that the maritime industry needs a fresh and modern approach whilst remaining aligned with traditional shipping values, then join the Ethos Team.
About the role
Accountant / Invoice controller
We are currently looking to employ an Accountant / Invoice controller based at our offices in Limassol, Cyprus. You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the accounting dpt.
- Bookkeeping and financial reporting of Cyprus in accordance with IFRS, IAS and global GAAPs
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Preparation of quarterly, semi-annual, and annual management accounts and financial statements in accordance with IAS and IFRS
- Accounting controlling.
- Financial Reporting analytical review (preparation + analysis).
- Assistance in the preparation of audit files in coordination with external accounting providers.
- Handling of audit requests and liaising with auditors from start to completion of the audit.
- Ad-hoc contribution to finance-related projects (e.g. initial setup of the financial modules of the ERP system)
- Tax, legal and SOX compliance
- Assistance to the Tax audits (if any)
Prerequisites - Academic
- Knowledge of appropriate accounting and financial reporting
- Excellent written and oral communication in English is a must.
- Commercial awareness and previous experience working in the maritime industry or with corporate administration professionals in Cyprus is highly desirable.
- University degree in Accounting & Finance leading up to ACA/ACCA qualification.
- IT applications – excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Prerequisites - Character aspects
- Team player, self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Able to work independently and take on additional responsibility as necessary to deliver the work.
- Openness to learn new things and to adopt ways of working more effectively.
- Able to manage multiple tasks of varying priorities and flexibly adjust when priorities unexpectedly change.
- Start date in April 2023 (or earlier)
- Part or full time
Sent your CV and Cover letter to: