- Monitors the classification status of each assigned vessel and ensures full compliance with new regulations and laws.
- Visits and evaluates vessels, in order to report their condition and ensure that they are always adequately prepared for any inspection.
- Prepares designated vessels for dry dock and repair specification, drafts and submits the specification to qualified bidders and analyzes and negotiates bids.
- Provides technical support to the personnel onboard, arranges on board third-party services, class attendance, equipment maker or specialist contractors, landing and repair of equipment at shore.
- Monitors all technical aspects/performance of vessels’ operation including maintenance, repair, safety and environmental protection.
- Arranges and monitors lube oil (analysis and consumption) and bunker analysis and communicates the results to the vessels.
- Attends the dry docking and ensures that all works are undertaken according to specification and that the vessel is delivered in a sea-worthy condition, ready in all respects to commence commercial trading within the approved budget and time frame.
- Prepares the Annual Budgets (Spares, Services, etc) of the assigned vessels and ensures close follow-up of expenses and strict compliance with the approved budget.
- Any other task relevant to the position, as per Management’s request.
Qualifications / Experience:
- University degree on marine engineering / naval architecture and a minimum of 10 years office experience as Technical Superintendent or a Chief Engineer’s license, 3 years of sea service as Chief Engineer and 5 years office experience as Technical Superintendent.
- Fluency in English.
- Computer literacy.
- Travel mobility.
- Good communication skills.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org