In April 2016, DP World Limassol was awarded a 25-year concession to exclusively operate the multipurpose and Cruise terminals in Limassol commencing February 2017. The terminal's activities, comprising of three multi-purpose quays, include break-bulk, general cargo, Ro-Ro, Oil & Gas services and the brand-new cruise terminal.
DP WORLD is looking for a results-focused candidate to take on the role of Operations and Planning Supervisor.
You will be reporting to the Operations Manager and the Operations Superintendents, and you will have the below responsibilities:
- To support the supervision of all operational activities within the Terminal, ensuring safety and efficiency at all times;
- Act as the main point of contact for any issues that might arise during the daily operations;
- Ensure that the Foremen team are supported at all times, and supervise the overtime and time and attendance of the Equipment Operators;
- Work pro-actively and take action to avoid any potential delays to operations, to ensure excellent customer service and satisfaction;
- Actively participate in shift briefings, daily planning meetings and any other meetings as required;
- Supervise the overall Gear Store lifting gears preparations for vessel startup operations;
- Supervise the overall vessel performance and productivity;
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to and that all staff operate in a safe and responsible manner;
- Report accidents and ‘near misses’ in accordance with defined safety procedures, and ensure all staff adhere to the defined safe systems at work at all times;
- Contribute to the continuous business improvement process and to the meeting of business objectives;
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Degree or relevant qualification in Shipping / Maritime Studies / Engineering;
- Experience in vessel and yard operations will be considered an advantage;
- Previous experience in the port industry will be considered an advantage;
- Previous experience in supervising and managing teams;
- Excellent leadership and people management skills;
- A positive attitude towards safety, health, security and environment;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as effective time management skills;
- Good computer skills and knowledge of the English language;
- Ability to take on initiative, as well as ‘hands on’ approach to work;
- Can calmly prioritize and manage a large workload;
- Flexibility, with the ability to work shifts and overtime.
If you are interested to apply for this role, please submit your CV to:
Latest 25th April 2023.