Dromon Bureau of Shipping (DromonClass) is seeking the employment of a Marine Officer for the support of its Marine Division.
The position’s primary role is to monitor the port state control inspections of DromonClass fleet, monitor the transfer of certification department, instruct and follow up surveys to be carried out by field surveyors and carry out surveys/audits if requested.
- Review the port state control inspection regime of DBS and inform relevant parties.
- Calculate the performance of DBS on port state control inspections.
- Execute surveys/audits reviews in an efficient, unbiased, way in full compliance to Organisation’s requirements as applicable.
- Monitor Transfer of Certification Department and responsible for the preparation of ships
- Provide Dromon fleet and clients with any support needed.
- Release Instructions to surveyors/auditors.
- Prompt and accurate reporting.
- Use of correct issue of controlled documents and reference material.
- Correct and accurate identification of all documents received or produced.
- Bachelor’s degree in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering.
- Previous work experience in ship surveying and audits.
- Proficiency in the English Language commensurate with the scope of class and statutory
certification and services.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work under pressure.
- Organizational skills.
- Planning skills and ability to prioritize to adhere to deadlines.
- Computer literate.
Conditions of Employment:
Salary and benefits according with the candidate’s knowledge and experience.
How to Apply:
Please send an updated CV and a cover letter referring to the position you are applying for the attention of Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application will be treated confidentially.
About the Company:
DromonClass has been established in 2003 as an independent International Classification Society for sea going vessels and other marine structures dedicated to provide classification and statutory certification services with the constant objective of protecting the environment and life at sea.
For further information please visit www.dromon.com