About the job
Join the Wilhelmsen global team for a career filled with opportunities to solve challenges both small and large, local and global, simple and complex.
Wilhelmsen Ships Service (WSS) is looking for Technical Sales Managers - Welding & Gases
We are looking for Technical Sales Managers – Welding and Gases to grow sales through leveraging of technical competences, actively seeking new sales opportunities. Whilst supporting the regional sales teams to sell Welding & Gases products effectively. The successful candidates will be the point of reference and authority for the Welding & Gases product portfolio in the defined geographic areas, providing technical knowledge. Sharing key understandings of how the use of the product creates value for our customers. Bringing across selling points, driving the technical sales processes whilst also dealing with advanced technical questions and deal closings.
The Technical Sales Managers – Welding and Gases will also support regional Key Account Managers to develop agreed budgets for targeted customers and proactively driving the quality of the sales pipeline in order to increase product penetration and growth. This includes reviewing, commenting and supporting the Key Account Managers on opportunities in Salesforce, or lack thereof, by utilizing digital tools. Closely collaborating with the Key Account Managers, in order to generate new and contracted business. Proactively seeking new sales opportunities. Actively promoting, implementing, championing and driving existing and new concepts and offers. The successful candidates will work closely with the respective product management team and customers to assist in moving the directions for the development of new products, services and solutions.
Who you will be reporting to:
The Technical Sales Managers – Welding and Gases will report to the Head of Technical Sales - Welding & Gases. Requiring close cooperation with the Sales & CS organization as well as Product Management, Inventory, Procurement, Pricing and the Marketing team.
What you will be doing:
- Driving profitable sales growth of our Welding & Gases portfolio on current and new customers in collaboration with the regional teams
- Defining Sales Activity Plans for the Welding & Gases portfolio, ensuring tangible activity is owned, implemented and recorded relating to the planned opportunities captured
- Supporting Key Account Managers in budgeting process and proactively working to increase sales conversion rate and the quality of the sales pipeline
- Leveraging technical competence to drive meaningful sales activities, sell and close customer deals
- Collaborating with the Key Account Managers in collaboration with the Key Account Managers
- Jointly co-own the defined geographic area’s sales target for the Welding & Gases product portfolio
- Supporting Sales & CS to ensure that the sales pipeline is being implemented to hit the targets based on quality opportunities on existing accounts and new business
- Collaborating with the cross-function teams in developing sales material, in addition to tailoring challenger methodology presentations for customers
- Driving sales activities for product campaigns and promotions
- Setting sales targets as well as qualification and provision of sales forecasts for optimal stock availability
- Presenting and promoting products and services at conferences/customer events and exhibitions to position the business as a market leader technically and commercially
- Proactively seeking out the latest technical and market intelligence of the Welding & Gases products/services
- Ensuring accurate and updated information is inputted in CRM system including visit reports, opportunities, deals etc.
- Ensuring full compliance with Sales Governance, policies and processes
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Formal education in engineering/technical studies or relevant to Welding & Gasses
- 4-5 years of tech. experience from maritime industry, preferably worked on-board a vessel
- Minimum 2 years direct sales experience
What we are looking for:
- Ability to act on initiative in a proactive manner
- Good interpersonal, influencing and networking skills with awareness of global cultural differences
- Results and process driven, with a high level of responsibility
- Broad based overall commercial knowledge and understanding
- Able to meet deadlines through good time management and allocation of priorities
- Self-driven, outgoing and full of initiative
- Proven team player and receptive to new ideas
What we offer:
Working in Wilhelmsen can offer a culture and work environment of strong leadership, career development, work-life balance and a job that is both challenging and stimulating. Our organization thrives by using modern tools and is eager to utilize the business opportunities that arise with new digital tools and skills. Beyond this, we offer a generous and bespoke benefits package tailored to your specific Wilhelmsen HUB.
Sounds interesting? If you can see yourself in this role, please let us know why you are our new Technical Sales Manager – Welding and Gases. You can apply online today through our career portal by creating a ‘Candidate Home’ account. Here you can upload your resume and a motivational letter.
Work location: Within the Northern Europe or Mediterranean peninsula
Application deadline: 19th June 2023
Contact details: Recruitment Specialist – Corrie Kew at: