This is an amazing opportunity for a Technical Training Superintendent who specialises on Chemical Tankers to join our Maritime Training Center team which focuses on ensuring that seafarers and shore-based staff are trained to the highest standards to perform their duties. This team provides critical support by training seagoing and shorebased staff alike to meet our customers' standards, in line with quality assurance procedures and system.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Ensure efficient facilitation and running of relevant courses.
- Ensure close coordination of activities with the MTC Manager as well as communication with SMC, CSC and other BSM Departments regarding training needs.
- Delivery of training within a quality-controlled environment, leading to improved safety and performance within the BSM fleet.
- Ensure learning transfer is achieved through evaluation and assessment of attending seafarers to the satisfaction of the quality system and the customer’s needs.
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of the training, training facilities, and quality system.
- Carry out training in other BSM MTC and any other areas assigned on BSM’s behalf and also where appropriate with third party training institutions.
- Participate in ship visits or sailing periods on board BSM vessels as assigned to maintain currency of skills.
- Support the On-Board Training team as required with vessel visits.
- Ensure training facilities, equipment and simulators are prepared, safe and available of training courses.
- Take personal responsibility to keep ahead of industry trends and BSM revisions affecting training needs and inputs. Ensure budget consciousness in all activities and seek approval for spending through the Director/ Manager as appropriate and as applicable to the Group’s overall strategies and quality procedures.
- Participate in the development of an MTC Annual Training Plan incorporating the MTC utilisation in line with the MTC management review under ISO 9001 as may be amended.
- Keep the plan updated with relevant inputs and keep relevant parties informed of changes to any upcoming training schedules.
- Preparation for annual internal audits and external audits (as applicable) for procedural verification to ensure areas of responsibility are performed as required by quality procedures.
- Prepare and provide information for input into annual budgets as required.
- Participate in Fleet Officer’s Meetings within the MTC region to provide an effective platform for ship and shore-based organisations to exchange information, address identified areas of concern, and intensify bonding with the Seafarers.
- Coordinate activities of support staff and where applicable consultants in the implementation and administration of MTC and corporate objectives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience as a Master on a Chemical Tanker.
- A thorough knowledge of current and impending maritime legislation.
- A thorough knowledge of maritime training and development needs.
- A comprehensive understanding of evaluation and assessment techniques.
- A thorough working knowledge and understanding of STCW as amended.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends and concepts in training and adult learning techniques.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English as well as local language/s as applicable.
- PC / Microsoft Office literate (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
What benefits will you enjoy?
You will get the following benefits by joining our location:
- Annual leave days: 22.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Provident fund.
- Education sponsorship.
- Private medical insurance.
- Gym membership.
- Parking sponsorship.
In addition, everyone in the BSM community benefits from:
- Annual performance bonus.
- My door is always open policy by leaders.
- A beautiful office in the heart of Limassol !
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your CV HERE, by 26/07/2023