Join Our Dynamic Team in the Shipping Industry!
We are looking for a DPA to join our Limassol office!
We are always on the lookout for talented individuals who are passionate about their work. If you are a self-starter with a strong work ethic and a desire to grow your career in the maritime sector, we would love to hear from you.
Raduga is a shipping business. We provide maritime transportation services all over Europe with a specialization in bulk dry cargo transportation. We own and operate a fleet of 14 vessels, with over 200 employees and stable annual growth.
Our values are Humaneness / Honesty / Flexibility / Growth.
As the Designated Person Ashore (DPA), you will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring the effective implementation of the Safety Management System (SMS) and compliance with international regulations, industry standards, and company policies. You will work closely with the shipboard management team, shore-based staff, and regulatory bodies to maintain and improve the safety and environmental performance of our fleet.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee and monitor the overall safety, security, and marine matters of the managed ships.
- Implement and follow-up the ISM certification of the Company for each assigned flag and Supervise the implementation/application of ISM (SMC), MLC, ISPS (ISSC), ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications of the vessels managed by the Company.
- Be fully up to date with all Company Regulations, International and National Statutory requirements and, as far as possible, developments that relate to the navigational, deck and cargo handling aspects of the marine industry. This is to include full knowledge of SOLAS, MARPOL, SOPEP and the Company Quality Systems.
- Visit vessels and perform audits/inspections.
- Participate in the Emergency Response Team as per Group organization.
- Be able to gather and analyse data from hazardous occurrences/situations, near misses, incidents and accidents and apply the lessons learned to improve the SMS.
- Monitor updates and propose improvements in safety, security and commercial effectiveness and voyage efficiency to assigned vessels.
- Support Master during vetting and third-party audits and inspections.
- Provide guidance on standards and policies contributing towards safety regulations and environmental protection.
- Carry out interviews and briefings as required for senior ship staff.
- Identify training needs and provide on-board training to ship staff during ship visits.
- Experience as DPA/CSO or deputy-DPA/CSO (Minimum 2 years)
- Team Spirit and soft skills
- Health, Safety and Quality, Environment culture
- DPA and CSO, ISM/ISPS/MLC auditor Certification
- Excellent Knowledge of Legislation concerning Quality and Safety, environmental and safety standards.
- Availability to travel
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of Russian is a plus
What we offer:
At Raduga Shipping we offer a dynamic and challenging work environment, along with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our open job positions come with:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Private health insurance
- Paid time off (21 days)
- Gym Membership
- Free Lunch
- Further bonuses
Additionally, we provide on-the-job training and development programs to help our employees reach their full potential. Our team is made up of passionate and dedicated individuals, who work together to achieve common goals.
If you meet our requirements and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV and cover letter at: