About the job
Oceanic is a world-leading marine services provider, Part of V.Group, that offers catering management for Merchant vessels, hotel and hospitality operations, procurement, logistics and consultancy services for the Cruise sector, catering and housekeeping services for the Offshore sector, hospitality and culinary training, SeaMed24 Medical Solutions, Marine Stores, Health and Wellbeing services and is seeking to recruit, a Catering Officer in the Operations department.
The successful candidate will be based in the Company’s offices in Limassol.
Purpose of the Job:
To achieve the targeted crew victualling rates established with clients and ensure that victualling service provided meets/exceeds clients’ expectations.
To provide administered vessels with the necessary catering materials and supportive services to achieve consistent levels of victualling service within the given budgetary guidelines and as per client agreements.
To assist clients swiftly and promptly with information or other supportive services that may be requested.
To assist the various departments swiftly and promptly with information or other supportive services that may be requested.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To prepare quotations and purchase orders, facilitating procurement of provisions and other stores.
- To ensure prompt communication with the vessels under service.
- To monitor operating budgets and communicate any reporting issues or overconsumption to the respective vessels in cooperation with the Administration Department.
- To monitor the quality of victualling services delivered on board and ensure that these meet/exceed client and crew expectations.
- To communicate with clients in order to ensure smooth delivery of service.
- To implement operating standards, policies and procedures
- To communicate interoffice issues as required.
- To assist in the control of activities (as per company guidelines) in case of incidents or emergencies.
- At least two (2) years of experience in a similar position.
- A Degree in a Logistics, Hospitality or Shipping related subject or adequate experience in a similar position.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Experience with inventory control procedures and inventory software will be considered an advantage
- Good understanding of finance and possess good analytical skills.
- Very good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- The highest personal integrity standards, a positive outlook and being self-motivated to develop & succeed.
- A good command of the English language both written and oral is a must
What you can expect:
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Medical insurance scheme for you and your family members
- Competitive Provident Fund
- Continuous professional learning and development opportunities within an international group, working alongside industry leaders
- Hybrid work
- Numerous employee engagement activities
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
For direct messages or any other inquiries, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org