StormGeo is a global provider of weather intelligence and decision support services, with leading solutions for shipping, oil and gas, renewable energies, utilities, other onshore industries, and aviation. Our cutting-edge software solutions and services help clients manage risk, optimize performance, reduce costs, and increase revenues, deploying the latest technologies. StormGeo has more than 600 employees in 25 offices across 18 countries. Our employees are skilled, dedicated, and comprise a wonderful international team. We firmly believe that together, we can best support our global approach to “navigate tomorrow – today”. Since June 2021, StormGeo has been part of the Alfa Laval Group. Alfa Laval has a strong reputation for going the extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our shared goal is to accelerate success for our customers, our people, and our planet. We strongly believe that curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
About The RoleAs a Naval Architect at StormGeo, you will play a vital role in our core scientific development team, where you will actively contribute to the advancement of seakeeping characteristics, vessel performance models, and voyage route optimization. Our approach to naval architecture at StormGeo is closely aligned with our business development efforts, ensuring that your work directly contributes to creating value for our customers.You will report to the Lead of the Domain Components team based in Vilnius. While our team members are distributed across offices in Stockholm, Hamburg, and Vilnius, we also offer the option for you to work from another StormGeo office in Europe, providing flexibility to suit your preferences.
We are looking for an experienced Naval Architect who will work closely on the development of products used both onboard vessels as well as onshore fleet management.
You will work in one or more fields of:
- Linear ship motions
- Non-linear ship motions
- Ship performance predictions
- Route optimization
- Sensor-based data acquisition and analysis
- AI or ML technologies to address the above
- Experience in naval architecture or marine engineering.
- Motivated to learn both naval architecture and software development.
- Software development experience – scripting in Python, MATLAB, etc. is a minimum requirement. Knowledge of object-oriented programming languages such as C#, VB, or C++ is a significant advantage (scripting skills are not necessary if the candidate is proficient in C#).
- Ability to work effectively in teams – collaborating with other naval architects, assisting, and being assisted by software developers.
- Proficiency in the English language, enabling professional-level communication
- Friendly multinational team, where you'll work alongside talented and supportive professionals
- Interesting projects and challenging tasks, including seakeeping, route optimization, and consumption prediction
- Your work will have a true impact by contributing to the reduction in carbon intensity of international shipping set by IMO for 2030
- Collaborations with other StormGeo teams such as Products, Sales, OPS, and clients (both external and internal)
- Opportunity to grow into the lead naval architect for the team
- Flexibility to work from an office or from home
If you're a skilled Naval Architect with a passion for making impactful decisions and a desire to work with a dynamic and supportive team, apply now to join StormGeo!We welcome you to apply for this position, even if your experience doesn't perfectly align with the job requirements. Your skills and enthusiasm will be valued and could make you a standout candidate, particularly if your career has followed an unconventional path.
At Stormgeo, we value diverse perspectives and individuals who think critically and are willing to challenge assumptions. Come join us!StormGeo has a stimulating international working environment. Diversity in the workplace is essential to StormGeo and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds, communities, and industries to apply. We have an environment where we challenge, encourage, and support each other. StormGeo is committed to diversity and offers family-friendly policies.
For further information, please contact:
Ignas Laukineitis, Lead of Domain Components, email@example.com
Apply via Linkedin: