GRS Recruitment is working in an exclusive partnership with Columbia Shipmanagement to find top-tier talent for their expanding team in Limassol. With over 40 years of commitment and professionalism, Columbia has established its position as a world-class ship management and maritime service provider, developing their global reputation by continuously exceeding clients´ expectations. Human Capital is described as the most important factor in the Company’s success. If this role seems like the ideal opportunity for you, please send us your CV today!
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Crewing Superintendent Yachts is responsible for:
- Reviewing and monitoring the safe manning of all vessels, based on minimum safe manning and special manning requirements in relation to age, trade, type and condition of the vessel as well as in compliance with the agreed vessel’s budget.
- Ensuring that all Seafarers are trained and qualified in full compliance with the Company’s, STCW and Flag State requirements.
- Ensuring that all Seafarers have passed a medical examination performed by a qualified independent medical doctor and obtained a medical certificate before joining a vessel.
- Conducting crew changes in compliance with the Seafarers’ Employment Agreement and owners’ requirements
- Liaising with the vessel, owners and/or operators regarding suitable date/port of crew change.
- Arranging and monitoring travel arrangements for Seafarers including visa requirements.
- Ensuring that Seafarer Employment Agreements are issued in compliance with MLC, Flag State and National requirements.
- Arranging suitable travel arrangements allowing sufficient time for handing over of duties and familiarization.
- Ensuring that expenses not covered in the manning agreement are debited to owners.
- Planning of Officers and ratings rotation in collaboration with vessel managers and owners’ demands;
- Promotion and monitoring of Seafarers Career progression;
- Actively recruiting for open positions as required;
- Being fully conversant with the Company’s Management System;
- Implementing effectively the Company’s Management System;
- Contributing to the development of new or the amendment of existing procedures;
- Promoting and supporting efforts for continual improvement;
- Monitoring training needs and initiating follow-up of identified training needs as appropriate;
- Reviewing vessel disbursement accounts;
- Maintaining Seafarer records;
- Liaising with all parties concerned in case of sickness and/or accidents;
- Ensuring that non-conformities, observations and customer complaints are investigated and timely followed-up.
- Seagoing experience as an officer, or a university degree and working experience in the yachting industry
- Experience and understanding of the maritime laws governing ships and seafarer employment
- Previous experience with crew administration and travel processes
- Good command of the English language and strong interpersonal skills.
- Good controlling and communication skills.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to Hayley Buckle, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the above job reference or call +357 25 342 720 for further information.