On behalf of our client, a top-tier, rapidly growing transportation company, with a focus on high-value transportation investments in shipping, intermodal, aviation, and rail, we are seeking to hire a Financial Controller with at least 5 years of relevant work experience. The individual will join a new growing, diverse and multi-jurisdictional accounting & finance team to support a growing ship owner group structure.
Key tasks & responsibilities:
• Financial control and oversight of periodic (monthly, quarterly, annual) close and reporting processes for sub-group(s) and designated fleets, ensuring the completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of the reporting infrastructure and the team’s deliverables (Group GAAP, US GAAP, IFRS, etc).
• Financial planning & analysis, high-quality reporting and commentary for senior management, budget against actuals analysis, and forecasting, partnering with various functions within the organisation to maximize the effectiveness of the Finance team, including Operations, Technical, Commercial, Legal, Newbuilding. Support management with new reports for owner decision making e.g. analysing financial performance (e.g. returns calculations); cash projection activities; reports on expenditure; receivables management; etc.
• Key business partner for management information with excellent attention to detail, in charge of the preparation and presentation of high-quality business reviews.
• Loan covenant compliance
• Partner with team stakeholders to enable effective cash management and cash optimization in the group, proposing shareholder cash distributions.
• Interact with independent external auditors, tax practitioners, deal and third-party service providers.
• Oversight of the financial statement process for businesses in the structure (standalone, consolidated).
• Project manage tasks or ad hoc business change initiatives as required, mapping processes, uncovering opportunities and making proposals for continual improvement, including working on systems implementation and testing. Assist in the implementation of a global ERP system and reporting solution.
• Agent of change contributing to the strengthening of controls around the accounting and finance infrastructure of the group, driving efficient and effective financial operations.
• Support addressing senior management requests as required from time to time.
• Understanding of investment structures and transactions (purchase/sale/financing) with ability to evaluate the accounting, financial or reporting implications of such contracts or proposals.
• Where required, support the shareholder in the financial oversight, governance and performance evaluation of independent portfolio businesses in the group (e.g. container / railcar leasing), working closely with management teams, service providers, auditors, tax practitioners, and the shareholder group’s investment team.
• Assisting with establishing and adhering to proper accounting and finance procedures, policies and principles, and filing structure.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!